Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 138554 Hey everyone I’ve been unable to open my door from the inside for a while and I finally got around to taking off the panel to see what the issue is. It turns out this little metal piece is broken and I was wondering if any of y’all know what this little silver part is called so I can go ahead and get a new one and stop climbing out the passengers side!! Lol it looks as if the skinny metal part has broken off and that’s what connects to the part to open the door. I see a second one up top for reference and I figure that locks and unlocks it. If anyone knows what this is called please let me know I haven’t had any luck googling :)

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I can't remember the exact name, but I'm finding it on Ebay under door handle cable: Fits 2003-2008 HYUNDAI TIBURON COUPE - NEW Side Inner Door Handle Cable LH 2pcs | eBay Most are coming straight from S Korea, you may be able to find a US seller or wait for delivery which usually isn't too long. And most listings are for both cables--might as well replace them both while you're in there as the cost isn't huge.

And yes it basically looks the same as the top one (which you are correct it locks and unlocks the car)--the cable connects to the handle there and runs down to the actuator at the left bottom of the door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Be careful when buying that part -- the first two I bought didn't fit my car lol. One was off eBay, the other I think was Autozone. I ended up breaking down and getting one from the dealer because I was tired of them being too short.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts