Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how to set the blow off valve with washers and also does the vacuum line that was on the RIPP blow off valve go on this one as well?

How the RIPP pcv valve is installed from the valve cover to the catch can? Is it inline and do you leave your stock pcv valve in there?

blow off valve is ...Turbo XS H34

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also which line goes in which. This is the ripp catch can and it has a inlet real low and an inlet real high. The line that goes from the pcv goes in the top or bottom?

·
Registered
888 Posts
The valve would use the same vacuum source, yes.

Basically, here is how you would install the system:

Take out the stock PCV

You should receive a fitting that replaces that, install that where the PCV was

Run a line from that fitting into the lower fitting on the side of the can

Run a line out from the top fitting on the side of the can into the large end of the PCV valve

Run a line from the small side of the PCV valve (you will see the pin on that side) to the nipple on the throttle body. That allows the PCV valve to be vacuum operated as it is intended to be. ( i.e., the PCV would be useless if there were no source of vacuum to hold it open while there is vacuum in the manifold).

I'm guessing that you got your motor back together alright Josh?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(this is tiffany right now) They got the motor all back in and tried starting it and it would crank over but not start...they are looking to see if something didnt get hooked up or whatever. The plugs arent firing at all....SUX! Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
(this is tiffany right now) They got the motor all back in and tried starting it and it would crank over but not start...they are looking to see if something didnt get hooked up or whatever. The plugs arent firing at all....SUX! Any ideas?
I get to turn the key on mine next weekend. Hope I don't have the same luck :3_frusty: . Good luck to you!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have found that the crank position sensor was ruined and was blowing a fuse in the box. Sensor comes in tommorow from parts store 70 dollar part !!!! Hopefully this will fix the problem.

So Tom you are saying the pcv is ran from the can to the throttle body basically stating that the line off the front of the valve cover will run straight threw to the catch can right>

·
Registered
888 Posts
We have found that the crank position sensor was ruined and was blowing a fuse in the box. Sensor comes in tommorow from parts store 70 dollar part !!!! Hopefully this will fix the problem.

So Tom you are saying the pcv is ran from the can to the throttle body basically stating that the line off the front of the valve cover will run straight threw to the catch can right>
Sounds like you got it.

Front valve cover to lower can fitting

Upper can fitting to PCV large end

PCV small end to TB.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Not to be a douche, but according to Corky Bell's Maximum Boost, a draw-through system is a system that places the throttle at the inlet of the turbo (or in this instance a centrifugal s/c). Is draw-through only referring to the placement of the MAF in this instance?

Sorry, just always wanted clarification.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not to be a douche, but according to Corky Bell's Maximum Boost, a draw-through system is a system that places the throttle at the inlet of the turbo (or in this instance a centrifugal s/c). Is draw-through only referring to the placement of the MAF in this instance?

Sorry, just always wanted clarification.
Yea pretty much were talking about the MAF's placement here...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i sure will jay...i just might post the pics on here and then pm you...but i will post the finished results fo sho!!

--i should so win "THE BEST PINK CAR" award on NT in 2006...lol...jk!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i sure will jay...i just might post the pics on here and then pm you...but i will post the finished results fo sho!!

--i should so win "THE BEST PINK CAR" award on NT in 2006...lol...jk!!!
I think you would since your the only PINK Shark on NT................IDK are you the only 1???

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
sheesh; get a room you two... :3_loveys:

lol :3_a_puh:
okay that comment pisses me off! IF you are going to say things like that then dont come in any of my threads...im a married woman and am on here to talk about the tiburon/tuscani and things related to cars...its pretty sad comes back with im sure a joke relating "getting a room."...im sure you didnt mean it in a personal way but you need to watch what you say from now on to me...:3_steam:

edit--mods & admins..he shouldnt receive a point for this...this time...just incase you read...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think you would since your the only PINK Shark on NT................IDK are you the only 1???
yea im the only one on here that i know of besides one girl that wont post pictures for some reason ...but there are a few more 03-06 pink tibs out there....which was the reason for me making that joke...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like you got it.

Front valve cover to lower can fitting

Upper can fitting to PCV large end

PCV small end to TB.
hey tom..i dont know if josh told you on the phone or not about the starter sensor being fried..the car wouldnt start because of that...but we found one locally at advanced auto parts and it will be here tomorrow morning so we will get that on tomorrow after we get out of school and hopefully we wont have to call for more help regarding something not going right....lol..thanks again!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts