Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of your with CF Hoods, did you drill holes so that you can use your nozzles? I'm trying to find a way for my girl to be able to clean her windshield in the winter. THe CF hood has no holes to put the nozzles in.

·
Registered
690 Posts
you need to use a dremil

i took a piece of tape and traced the size and shape of the hole from the stock hood them placed the tape on the CF hood.

then use a dremil to cut it out. always start a little smaller and keep test fitting until you get the right size.

keep making slight shavings to make the hole bigger until you reach the right size.

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...but I was wondering if there was any more input on this subject? Did some searching but haven't found much. Anyone put the holes in another way? Anyone relocate the wiper sprayers to another location? What about hood emblem? Drill holes or cut pegs & bond?

·
Registered
168 Posts
for the emblem, i dont think you should drill holes for it...you should probably file down the pegs on the ebmlem and measure where to stick it...

im still with you on this though... want to find out best way to drill holes for possible hood pins

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
ya really having the cf hood on in the winter is just painful LOL, you should be able to swap that hood no problem by yourself, all you need is a 12mm wrench, mightbe a 14 I forget.. LOL anyways ya take the hood off, but as to answer evryones question a dremel is most likly your best bet, just take your time and go slow like adam said.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
what's the problem with having it on in the winter?

Hopefully, I won't be susceptible to whatever the issue is...I live in FL, and usually it doesn't get much below the 40s...

And while we're on the subject of CF....how important are hoodpins? How likely is it that the latch piece could break and the hood go flying off? Is it really an issue?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
In canada it can get hella cold so things get brittle and with all the road salt its just asking for trouble with a CF hood. Hood pins really arn't a huge issue but some people like them just to be safe. With it being a lighter hood the wind does pick it up alot easier and if you got a weak latch then that could easily mean bye bye hood.

·
Registered
424 Posts
meh its not a huge issue leaving a C/F hood on for the winter. The owner of that CF fab shop leaves his on all winter. And unlike the stock hood, the CF one wont rust. Just clean polish and wax in the spring time. Its a hood, not a piece of gold.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Do you have a part number for that... Where were u able to by it. this is what i been thinking about doing but i just wasn't able to find anything like that.
That was another idea I was considering....relocation! Got any more info on that?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'm pretty sure my wife's 99 Grand Am has sprayers that mount to the wipers. Maybe we could look into that...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
2005 sunfires im 90% sure have them, lots of gm models have them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts