Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would ask here, before I went out and spent money. The problem is the door will not unlock. The lock inside the car cannot be pushed to unlock, also you cannot use the keyless entry to unlock it either. The only way to unlock the car is to put the key in from the outside turn it to unlock and open with the door handle at the same time. Turning the key is a pain in the butt. I took the door panel off and looked around, and the bar that goes up and down seems to get jammed when you move it down to unlock. It doesn't have a problem when the bar goes up to lock the door.

I haven't taken the latch off the door as I don't know how much of a pain it would be put it back together. Is the inside of the asm made of plastic or metal? I have a feeling either something got stuck in it ( someone broke the window to my car and stole the sattelite radio) or if it is made of plastic maybe something snapped inside?

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks guys!! :3_confuse

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have the same exact problem with my passenger side. Really strange.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
Need new door lock actuators. They freeze up often.

·
Registered
787 Posts
easy fix really..need new actuators jus simple unbolt and dissconnect then bolt it back in

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I have a spare drivers side door actuator if you need one. Very easy to replace, takes like 15mins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts