Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have ran into a problem with my driver side door a few months ago and have been ignoring it, but it is now beginning to annoy me. It all started one day when I went to open my driver side door from the outside after pumping gas and the handle was loose and nonfunctional. About a month later, the inside door handle and lock switch stopped working altogether as well. Since this has happened, I have been crawling through my passenger side door to get in and out the car. I have no idea what to fix other than possibly a new door lock actuator. Attached is a picture of one of the rods that has broken off, but I know this is only one problem unrelated to the root of the problem that won't allow for the inside door handle or lock to do anything. Any help or advice would be awesome!
tiburon1.png

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
You likely need a new actuator, either that or several of the cables/rods are broken (less likely). There are rods that run down from the outside door handle to the actuator (one for locking, one for opening) and the same from the inside door handle. You'll likely need to get the interior door panel off to see what's going on, which may be difficult because of the three screws at the back edge (the others you should be able to get to ok). See my DIY for outside door handles for some help with things:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts