Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have determined that something is wrong with the wires that control my power window on my driver side door and want to know if anyone knows what/where I could search to potentially find a replacement wire harness set. Is this possible to even replace?

Vehicle: GT V6 2008

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I'm guessing a junkyard is going to be about the only place to find such a thing. And then it would probably have to be a pick n pull type place where you could pull it yourself because I doubt they would since it's probably a significant tear-down to trace those wires into the cabin and possibly within another larger harness from there etc.

How did you determine it was the wires? I know you had another thread trying to troubleshoot things. Is the motor not getting voltage at all? What about the switch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing a junkyard is going to be about the only place to find such a thing. And then it would probably have to be a pick n pull type place where you could pull it yourself because I doubt they would since it's probably a significant tear-down to trace those wires into the cabin and possibly within another larger harness from there etc.

How did you determine it was the wires? I know you had another thread trying to troubleshoot things. Is the motor not getting voltage at all? What about the switch?
It appeared to me that it was the wires being brittle or something in some location. The functionality of the wire changes drastically based on the position of the wire harness, kinda like a bad iPhone charger. I can try to jimmy it more and see if I can get it working, but at the moment it only works when the door panel is off because the cable is freer to flow wherever and not be interfered with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts