Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Tiburon GT V6

I have found many threads on this forum talking about the driver side power window ceasing to function. Mine had the same issue. So i took the door panel off, inspected everything, and replaced the motor (because it sounded weak). The weird thing is, it still doesn't work, but it does work when the interior door panel is off. Its fairly inconsistent (sometimes it will work with the door panel on, but most of the time it doesn't. And sometimes it wont work with the door panel off, but sometimes it does). Does anyone have any ideas? I can't imagine the door panel is causing any friction on the window or anything.

I couldn't find another thread with this post, but if there is one then kindly link me to it please :)

·
Administrator
9,074 Posts
Panel causing friction, I doubt it.
Panel twisting the switch or wires to cause an intermittent, possibly.

I would pull the panel off and have a friend operate the switch (key on) while you wiggle the switch, wires and motor, see if anything changes and fix the issue.

Reactions: aveenav

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Panel causing friction, I doubt it.
Panel twisting the switch or wires to cause an intermittent, possibly.

I would pull the panel off and have a friend operate the switch (key on) while you wiggle the switch, wires and motor, see if anything changes and fix the issue.
Yeah, it looks like the cables are getting pinched somewhere or something. Nothing obvious though. I'll have to take a deeper look to see if i can fix it

·
Administrator
9,074 Posts
Door cables get pinched by the door hinge most to the time. Open the door, key on, try the switch while moving the cable by the hinge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts