Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done a good search on it.My question is,do I need to take it off to replace the broken lock cable?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I just want to confirm it.I was thinking maybe someone had a sneaky way to do it.But ya you need to take the cover off to get to the cables so it has to come out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, i just took my actuator out and saw the cable is broken. I thought previous owner cut it but it sounds like you guys are saying it breaks on its own? Can someone please confirm? Do i replace just the cble or the entire actuator? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the cable break because the actuator locks up/breaks? Should I just replace the actuators too? IDK, how to test them to find out if they work. Thanks!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Does the cable break because the actuator locks up/breaks? Should I just replace the actuators too? IDK, how to test them to find out if they work. Thanks!
No not really. They break from wear and tear. Mine broke at the interior handle side 2 times and once at the actuator. If you have a keyfob you can test the actuator by locking/unlocking. I would guess that the actuator is still fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Acura_Kal! Thanks for your input! Broke 2 times?! That sounds crazy. Have you ever heard of anyone finding a permanent fix on this. Continuously popping the door panels on and of so many times, eventually something is going to break and then you'll have a new problem. Ill put a battery in the keyfob and test the actuator, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
855 Posts
No problem, man. Yeah well in my case, the original broke, then the used one I put in broke a few months later so.... yeah. There's not really a permanent fix, I mean they last like ~10 years from new, so. I've taken off the door panels about 15 times and nothing broke so far (just gotta be careful/gentle!).

Good luck with the install. If you need help with it, post back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts