Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, awhile back i had lambo doors on my car, i took them off and went back to stock i ended having problems with my passanger door locks and keyless.. after while of time my car would lock still with the keyless but my lights on the exterior would not blink when i locked them, i thought, its probably my battary in my keyless going out. not thinking it was a big deal i let time go on. where im at now, i cannot lock the door from the outside, my drivers door lock sticks, and it will not let me push it closed. so when i get out of my car i have to lock it from the passanger door which forces the drivers door lock to finally close an lock. i changed my battary, it did nothing. my next step would be to check the fuse, but my sunroof works... any ideas?

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
If the car is reacting to the fob it's not the fob's battery. It's obviously sending the signal. I would double/triple check all your wiring.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think your door lock motor burned out on the driver side.
thats what im thinking, im taking it in to hyundai tomarrow morning, the only problem is, they have seen my car with the lambo doors on it, so they wont warranty anything that has to do with the doors, so i just have to pay for it. bleh owned. whatever. anyways thanks for the responces.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also had some problems with my locks. First, they replaced the door actuator in the driver's door. Next, the lock itself. Then, they gave me a new transmitter!

They did not listen to me AT ALL! My problem was this: the car did not recognize that the driver's door had opened, thus causing the alarm to re-activate itself within 30 seconds. All I needed was a new switch that turned the dome light on!

Anyway, enough ranting. Sounds like it's something inside the door and not the transmitter nor the battery. My driver's door lock was jaming like yours, but locking the passenger-side door from the inside would lock the driver's door. Sounds like you need a new lock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts