Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have an 07 Tiburon that I just took to the mechanic for a new tire installation. I go to pick up my car and they tell me that the driver's side rear caliper has seized up, they quoted me $1150 to fix it so I took it home after seeing I can get the parts for under $200. I wanted to know if someone here could point me in the right direction towards a good video on how to do this. I have done other diy work on my car, including brake bleeding but I haven't done something like this. I'd appreciate any help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is the DIY from this forum. It has no pictures, but is still useful.

Here is a YouTube video:

A good tip that has been very useful to me: If you live where there is road salt and/or corrosion is very common on cars, I would suggest soaking all the fasteners with penetrating oil the night before you do the job. If you are replacing the rotor, make sure you have a decent hammer to beat the rotor off with and have a wire brush to clean rust off of things.

·
Registered
2003 Tiburon GT / Auto trans
91 Posts
if you've changed brakes and bled them, then changing a caliper should be fairly simple

·
Registered
167 Posts
$1150 is completely unreasonable for that job. When your done DIY, I‘d rip them a negative review for such an inflated quote. It’s so sad really, with all that’s going on nowadays.
Don’t forget to check your E-Brake while your in there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts