Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im having problems with my drivers side window, it started a few days ago when i rolled my window mostly down and tried to roll it back up and it wouldnt budge, i was pissed, thinking that it was my window motor, then like 20 mins later i accidently hit the button while rolling up my other window and magically it works like new. now this has happened a few times in the last 2-3 days and im curious if you guys think its the window motor going out, or a problem with my window switch. when it doesnt work, the switch doesnt feel right ... like i dont feel that click i normally do when rolling the windows up or down.

any help would be appreciated, i havnt had a window motor go on me before, so im not quite sure if it does this first or if it just quits all of the sudden. also the window is on the 3/36000 warrenty right? im at like 47k miles or i would just bring it into the dealer.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
It is a well-known problem with Tibs. I just had mine replaced in July for the same reason. And, yes, it should be covered under your warranty.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i knew about the problem, i just wasnt sure if it was just a switch problem or a motor problem ... i guess since it should be covered ill bring it to the dealer have them deal with it ... i can see their faces now when i roll up lol there really arent any modded tiburons near me, and had quite a crowd when i went there with a question about the key a few months ago

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Bakerking31 said:
ya i knew about the problem, i just wasnt sure if it was just a switch problem or a motor problem ... i guess since it should be covered ill bring it to the dealer have them deal with it ... i can see their faces now when i roll up lol there really arent any modded tiburons near me, and had quite a crowd when i went there with a question about the key a few months ago
It's generally the motor. In fact when I had mine done they service manager said they replace the failed ones with an updated unit that doesn't fail like the original ones.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Bakerking31 said:
what dealer are you takeing it to?

I have some plans for SD....

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Mine does not open as we speak, its actually going in to have a new motor fitted today :)

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fixer said:
ok..whats the name of it.....
im not sure, ill check on my way to work ... btw i took it in today and the guy said it is probably the window motor, but might be the distributer (i think thats what he said), either way it will be covered, but they dont have any window motors in right now, so he ordered one for me and is gonna call me in 3 days or so for a appointment

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update on this

I went in today at around 10am, dropped the car off, they said it would take about 2 hours. so i decided to walk to the store down the street get somethin to drink while i waited. came back sat down, and around 11am, the guy comes out and says basically my window is working fine, and since they cant replicate the problem they cant fix it. so i understand, and since this is a on and off thing thats been goin on he let me know that next time it happened i could just drive there and they will look at it on the spot. so i get in my car start it up and go to roll up the drivers side window since they left it down ... and nothing, so i yelled out to him since he was walking away that its not working now, he laughs and runs over, takes the car into the bay and a hour later its fixed. they replaced the window motor, and it works like new.

fixer, im not sure if they call themselves "poway auto group" or poway hundai, their card says poway auto group since its a mitsu and hyundai dealer in 1 building

also they only had 1 tib on the lot, it was a SE white, looked pretty nice. but in their little ads they have everywhere in the waiting room they had a pic of the 07 lineup and the 07 tib was in it, looked pretty nice, the only pic ive seen of it that i thought made it look really good

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the same problem...it happened to me about 6x. I just open and then close my door and it works again. I don't know why, i guess it resets or something when you open the door. Try it with yours and let me know if it works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts