Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Car at Hand​

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
either way sounds good really. ive heard clips of a single, but i have dual myself and i love it. allll about taste mayne

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
i have a single out, but i have a 04, and the rear diffuser is different, i personally dont like how a single looks on the fl2 bodies...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea id go dual with that bumper you have

itll look weird with just a single

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
i'm pretty sure he's asking whether he should put two super 44 mufflers in or a single - dual outlet super 44. Aside, do whatever floats your boat and will fit.

But while it's being discussed, single outlet >>>>>>>>>> dual outlet. Be a pro, do it right. Cut diffuser ftl.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
oh, my bad, And yes, follow valkare's lead, his single looks sick, epically with his single out diffuser. Hopefully i will be able to pick up staws here within the next month or so

·
Registered
266 Posts
I did single and I wish i had done duals. Go with the duals man, trust me. Just do it the right way. If i had to do it again I would just buy and SSA exhaust and have somebody replace the SSA mufflers with Super 44s and then have the resonator replaced with a magnaflow 11216.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Options
I have narrowed it down to these two plans. A few people on YouTube have done this with one Super 44 Series exhaust. One guy just replaced the cat with a hi-flow and ran a 1 in 2 out 44 tot he stock tips=

One guy (on this forum) ran SSA Headers with one 44 to quads, not sure if he used a cat.
And one guy ran SSA Headers to one 44 series to dual CF Mufflers... no cat.
This is all I have seen with the 44 series.

Good old Duds03Tibby helped me out some in deciding. He kinda steered me in the direction of being the first with dual 44's after DC headers and Magnaflow Performance Cat.

Some have ran dual 40's so I know there is room.

I personally like the more tame growl of the 44's.

SO! With all that being said, help me please. Thanks lots to duds, mattyB and the other guy for helping me out this far. What will be the result of having 2 44's instead of 1? I'm no expert in exhaust so I don't really know what a baffel or resonator is. Other than that I am pretty damn shabby with cars, not to toot my own horn or anything.

Any input, critisism, or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks, 07ScorpioSE.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holly **** u guys started replying before i got all the info up. lol I love this place.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another thing (maybe you can be the on to hellp me out with this). I am not too sure on the NC inspection. Is there a sniff test? I am pretty sure with this setup I will not shoot any codes as long as I extend my last 02 after the cat. DC has holes for all o2's I believe. Will I fail a sniff with the Mag Hi-Flow Cat? Once again I really appreciate any help with this. I need to find some cool Tib drivers around the area too. I live on the border of Charlotte and Matthews.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
yeah i dunno, i just moved here like 3 weeks ago lol, also looking for some cool tib drivers. As for the inspection i have no idea, hell im hoping to be able to pass without a resonator on my car. I guess i get paranoid. P.A had a pretty strict emissions set up, not Cali strict, but strict none the less

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For anyone possibly following this I have decided to go with one of two mufflers never seen on a Tiburon in a custom cat-back set up with a hi-flow cat. Once I get CAI, polished intake, ecu, etc, I will get headers.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would recommend going with the 2nd setup on the image that was attached. I feel if you do the Single in Dual out muffler you just create a restriction (since the super 44 is a baffled muffler) earlier then you have to. Not to mention you really get alot of bad droning with it in the spot you're going to have to put it in.

Also, just to note. If you go with DC sports headers you shouldn't have to extend your O2 sensors. Ive had mine in for almost a year now and haven't thrown a CEL... I don't know about the SSAs though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts