Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a black '03 tib with a loud whiny exhaust and half tinted tails and some kind of lip kit. You kept doing the ricer fly-bys and reving the crap out of your engine on Van Buren in Riverside. If you're on here take a cue from my car and go with clean lines and single theme. Not that frankenstein of a tib you were driving.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Maybe the revs were a way of saying hello?

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
If I do just a small rev, my girl gets mad because she thinks its "car talk" for wanting to fight. I usually just try to get their attention enough to let them know I appreciate tiburon drivers and noticed their car, as a fellow enthusiast. She never believes me.

I tell her its different than that street racer gang, thug, brake checking, tailgating, weave in-and-out flyby nonsence we avoid. :3_chubby:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Riverside..Hmmm? I drive their almost every weekend from San Diego. I take the 15 and the 215. I have never seen a hooked up tiburon on Van Buren yet. Wished I was their cause I would of revved back so loud.

I stay over at University(across UCR on Linden St. When I do go over to riverside) and seen a nother wideBody tib like mine like 5 months ago. It was silver and had wheels as well.

yo 03blk tib, I should check you out the next time I head down there?

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
The loud whiny exhaust disqualifies him from trying to say "hello" by revving.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Paul J McCain said:
The loud whiny exhaust disqualifies him from trying to say "hello" by revving.
That's ebay for ya! He's trying to high-five someone that's expecting a hand shake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How about just quick double honk. Works with me most of the time. If you really need to rew the crap out of the engine you to get someones attention you shouldn't be dragging their attention at all.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
yea i had seen him on tyler one day. doing burn outs in the parking lot. i started to walk over to him to ask if he knows bout the site and he took off lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GuamBomb said:
Riverside..Hmmm? I drive their almost every weekend from San Diego. I take the 15 and the 215. I have never seen a hooked up tiburon on Van Buren yet. Wished I was their cause I would of revved back so loud.

I stay over at University(across UCR on Linden St. When I do go over to riverside) and seen a nother wideBody tib like mine like 5 months ago. It was silver and had wheels as well.

yo 03blk tib, I should check you out the next time I head down there?
I've seen your tib before I used to live by UCR and I went to go visit my friend over by the village and I saw your tib parked outside some apartment complex.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
c-man said:
Maybe the revs were a way of saying hello?
No way this guy was just revving the crap out of his car like "Hey wanna race?" type thing.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
That sucks. Hopefully the owner will come to his senses sooner than later.

·
Registered
558 Posts
sweet! more tibs in riverside haha! i haven't seen the dude, but i've seen some crazy other riced out tibs around here... 03blk_tib, i think i've seen you around before around jarupa st and brockton =].. i think we should get a big so cal meet going haha

what part of riverside do u live in?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
byron said:
sweet! more tibs in riverside haha! i haven't seen the dude, but i've seen some crazy other riced out tibs around here... 03blk_tib, i think i've seen you around before around jarupa st and brockton =].. i think we should get a big so cal meet going haha

what part of riverside do u live in?
I live in downtown behind RCC.

·
Registered
558 Posts
03Blk Tib said:
I live in downtown behind RCC.
ooo gotcha.. i actually go to RCC lol.. i live near poly high and gage middle school.. err... about 5 minutes away from the plaza

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
byron said:
ooo gotcha.. i actually go to RCC lol.. i live near poly high and gage middle school.. err... about 5 minutes away from the plaza
Oh I know where thats at my buddy lives down there by the deaf school.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Hey guys, I was at Riverside for the weekend in UCR area(Sunday 11/26). There was an import meet and we took some pics on the Unveristy Village Tower. While I was drving up the tower I saw a Silver Tib with T/Elisa badges, wheels and a body kit. Anyone from here?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts