Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Re: Dummy Switch(s) Conversion

paul... im curious to know how many LEDs you have... i know its like a limitless supply haha.. or seems that way

·
Lighting and Accessories
13,813 Posts

lol no- I only wish it was limitless. But let's just say I invested quite a bit in the biz.

I mean in reason- like two or three max. Because I get them for much less and I know the least number you can get online at a low price is like 20-30, and they're like $1.50 a piece at RadioShack. But yeah I'll send you 2 or so of any color plus as many freakin resistors as you want. It seems I do have a limitless supply of those. I can't get rid of them

We'll just call it good customer service and community appreciation. :)

PM me if you want some.

·
Registered
627 Posts

cool i want to try this but with rocker switches. i think it might be harder to dremel out the fake switches to a rectangular shape though.

lets see some pics!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I have had a couple people ask me about my switches so im gona bump this one to the top. Next time i am in my car I will grab the part numbers for radioshack and take some pics. BTW the leds in my door pannels are connected to my alarm so you cant really add those unless you have an aftermarket alarm system.

** Sorry I never added pics for the DIY like intended... things got busy.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: DIY: Dummy Switch Conversion

So I went out and took 2 quick movies and 2 crappy picks (light was too low), enjoy...

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lHit2UAR-w[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq4UdzBjXTA[/MEDIA]

·
Registered
7,809 Posts

Telling him "what a nice thread resurection!" without answering the question is bad, he's new on the Forum, so give him a chance.

YOu can find those switches in any place where they sell electronics. The Source by Circuit City, Adisson-electronique, any places like that.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts

the easiest way to do that is go to the wreckers and grab a fog light switch and install it in place of the dummy switches,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.