Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the Dummy switch is for by the dimmer switch? I looked through the side panels after reading this DIY http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135929 and they said it was for the backlight. Idk what that is. Is it important? and can i hook up other stuff to it like lights and what not or do i need to get a TCS switch to do that? sorry if this is a noob question. give me a break.

·
Registered
205 Posts
nooooob lol the "dummy" switches can be used for anything hyundai just put alot of them in there for like
TCS heated seats foglights etc.. and after all those theres still extra so you can do a toggle or you could get a heated seat switch maybe a TCS and wire it up to anything you want on a switch (wiring up to switches like the heated seats or TCS waitches looks really clean and very convenient)
Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot a**hole lol just kiddin yeah that does help a lot. I'll look into it and thank you for the compliment :) I need to update the pics cuz it looks even better now. Thanks for the help man I appreciate it

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do you remove the dummy switches near the clock in the center dash? is there a special way? i looked quickly and couldnt get em out easily...

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
How do you remove the dummy switches near the clock in the center dash? is there a special way? i looked quickly and couldnt get em out easily...
You gotta pry them out kinda like pop them out from the back

be careful not to break them though, even if you do i ordered 3 dummy switches for the clock and it was only 7 bucks , no worries.

if you need them out just pull out the center and push out with your fingers towards the opposite way =)

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are little tab clips holding them in on the top and bottom of the dummy switch. gently push them down and push the switch in. Should pop out pretty easily

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
id just take the centre panel out tbh.saves damaging the panel and if you slip....you will.its easy to take out its held by 5 or 6 clips

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Is it possible to just cut the wires to the dummy switch and hook up leds to it? If so how? do i need a six pin input for it?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Paul's angel eyes also come with a OEM switch option, which is what I got, and now that im thinking about it...I need to figure out how to remove the blanks, do the tabs do anything for a new switch? or just on the blank so I can just destroy it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts