Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an injen exhaust and I was wondering if it was possible to dynamat the car inorder to get rid of some of the drone around 3-4k. Also if that is a good way to reduce noise where's the best place to cover?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Dynamat won't do crap for exhaust drone. Are you running headers or just the catback?

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Also, if you are running headers, what are you using for a cat? Straight pipe or hi-flow cat? Also, how old is your Injen exhaust (because my SSA Exhaust seemed to mellow as it got older... either that or I got deafer).

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Dynamat/fatmat under your rear seat and trunk.

To make the biggest change move your resonator towards the rear of your car and it will make a HUGE difference. I did that and no more drone, i did replace my borla resonator with a magnaflow straight through muffler though.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
I also did what Photoman did. I had the SSA exhaust resonator cut out and replaced with a Magnaflow resonator. BIG difference. Not only quieter, but deeper.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I dynamatted the rear of the car above the muffler area, helped a little bit,,,,haven't had the time or $$ to do under the seats yet.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I plan on experimenting with dynamatting this weekend to see how much Borla drone I can get rid of. I'm probably just gonna do the trunk and keep working forward until I get it to a level I like.

·
Registered
525 Posts
There is only one problem I can see with Dynamat.Well here it is you added the cat back for more power?I hope you did at least J/K.The more dynamat the more weight you are adding.The more weight the slower the car.You could end up with enough dynamat that it would be better to remove the dynamat and put the stock setup back on imo. :3_smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts