Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can anyone please advise me where i can purchase some halo headlights for my 07 tiburon.... Ive been searching for a while now and the last resort is to bake my headlights and install them myself...... Can anyone guide me on this or is there someone here that may be interested in selling theirs......which i doubt........

Thank You

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did the bake thing a few times and also had aftermarket pair. I would say after market sucked and I would open OEM ones before buying aftermarket again. Both OEM headlights and taillights are beefier than the aftermarket equivalent from almost all aspects. So keep the OEMs and refinish them and use aftermarket for winter beaters.

More specifically... I baked my 03 OEM and took them to a paint shop to get resprayed gloss black... then installed SFR AEs on them and sealed back up. Came out great and lasted forever. Later bought aftermarket to fool around with, they were sun burned within a year and had poor seal in general (always fogged in the am). Same experience with taillights.
Oven vs heat gun... heat gun was better since you have more control over the area you’re heating and can focus on more difficult areas. Maybe order a cheap Wagner heat gun online and some sealant. It’s gonna be a bit of a gummy messy when it’s hot but not too bad. Wear oven mitts and apply heat evenly and not too close. Pry using plastic wedges (think bike tire/tube wedge tool) vs metal, worst case use a butter knife. Once the lens is off, make sure not to touch the lens interior. I quickly put plastic wrap on mine and set it aside covered, while I worked on mounting the Halo/AE rings and sent the rest out for paint. Work on a big flat clean surface. You can use painters tape as traction on the table to headlight doesn’t slide around as much and also to mask off the lens a bit when you reseal.
DONT RUSH IT.
Once done, add one more bead of sealant around the lens to make sure it’s sealed well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts