Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to set up a Dyno day at Dreamspeed Motorsports, the shop that installed my turbo and wanted to know how many are interested and which day you would prefer, a saturday or sunday. The shop is located in San Carlos and is requiring at least five people min before they will set this up.

The cost is $50 for 2 pulls, and $25 for every extra pull. The dyno will include AFR reading. The Dyno they use is a mustang dyno. The money will need to be collected ahead of time.

If you are interested in attending the Dyno Day..... You can either contact me by email [email protected] ...... by phone 650 219-6347 ..... or you can post on this Dyno thread on

By the way, this would be a great opportunity for people to get a baseline dyno done if you are still stock and plan on doing performance modifications. Dyno Days are the best way to do it because the cost is normally discounted since it brings added business to the shop.

Maybe we can turn it into an informal meet for the general Bay Area.

Sunday:
1) Herman GK
2) KevinSmith GK

Saturday:
1) Vidfinnx GK
2) Randy Miata

Doesn't Matter:
1) sungeun6985 GK
2) SlickTib04 GK
3) hahaufunnylookin GK
4) kingnor (Maybe) GK
5) openthewell GK

Going But Not Dyno:
1) hotWheelz

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey if enough people are intnrested, I could bring my stock tib and dyno it so you guys could have a very good indication of your gains. we all know those showroom stickers n stuff are kinda flighty with numbers.

Personally i'm not intrested in the dyno numbers for my car so my intrest in doing this is directly proportionate to you're guys intrest in the dyno numbers for a stock tib.

so please post if you 'd like to see a stock tiburon get dynoed too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you dyno the stock one that would be great just so I could see what my mods have done for me. I never trust the hp/torque numbers posted by companies that never show there dyno results...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Peter I sent out the info to the members, I'll let you handle it from there :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
im interested, would want a saturday, cool beans

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I always did want to dyno my auto 2006 Stock v6 GT. I'd like to see another year of Tib stock dyno'd as well, KingNor. What day were you thinking? The morning of the J's Gathering would be awesome for me ( 1/28 - Sunday). Otherwise, if it's on the Saturday before (1/27), that would work for me too....I'd just sleep in the car or something or try to find a friends house to crash at. LOL

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
so then for u sunday? iono if it will be that soon

oh and even though mine will be dynoed alrdy before that. ill still dyno if u guys wana see

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm interested; but San Carlos is pretty far from me. I'll let you know because I don't know where else I'm gonna get dyno'd around here.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how far away is chico. and what day is better for you?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
how far away is chico. and what day is better for you?
Chico is about 2 hours north of Sac; and over 3 hours from San Carlos. Either day works for me; any idea on dates; or is it planned for this weekend?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no day yet. if you gguys are really interested? i could collect the money now atleast 5 people then pick a date with my shop manager. bc i cant choose a day w/o the money

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
so if anyone wants to find out a date i will need to collect the money first from people. then talk to my shop manager and then pick a date and come back to you guys.

im thinking i should do a NO REFUND deal just to make sure you guys dont back out last min? if your going to commit then commit all the way till the end

only refund u can get is if the shop backs out on the day. or if i cant find a date to match your schdule

·
Registered
464 Posts
im trying to get my headers on before i commit to this, i really want to get my car dynoed but i want to have my headers first btw whats your car putting down since its already been dynoed, i want to know the torque number more specifically, im looking at maybe going with that turbo kit

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would anyone be intrested in donateing a bit for my car to get dynoed? Like i said above i'm not really intrested at all in my hp and such, but i'd be willing to pay 25 for myself if you could match me to get my pulls in, then you could see much better what your gains are.

Just my thoughts since i'm not too intrested in paying 50 bucks for something that won't benifit me at all.

if enough people come it would only be a few bucks per person. Just putting it out there.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im trying to get my headers on before i commit to this, i really want to get my car dynoed but i want to have my headers first btw whats your car putting down since its already been dynoed, i want to know the torque number more specifically, im looking at maybe going with that turbo kit
no point in getting headers if u goin turbo.

the last time i dynoed was 215tq but thats with a oil leak and we ended tuning early. im waiting for them to fix the leak and retune it to a higher afr

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
whats wrong with running headers and a turbo?
generally, the problem is that you can't have a turbo just floating in the air; it has to be attatched to the exhaust manifolds someway; and a set of headers that aren't designed for a turbo; well, you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't think I'll be able to make this month. Unless this magazine I'm working on gets finished in the next week or so. Until then I won't be able to afford it. So I'm a maybe at this point - on either day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts