Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, i finally got the dang thing tuned. its not smoking! YAY! it was smoking casue the presets were too lean and the computer was over compinsating and dumping in fuel. I got the tune done at Dyno Comp on a Loaded Dyno thats why they may be about 10hp lower. But i must say it hauls a$$ :3_vliegen

vid http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1517878928

Anyways I'll let the pics and vids speak for themselves. Let me know what you all think

Sorry vid was taken on my camera phone, my digital doesnt have a camera mode. you can just hear the blower scream :3_zoefzoe

Max HP/TQ

A/F ratio and Boost

engine bay

My car

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
You should upload the vid to StreetFire or YouTube.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the fans were loud... but hey i was standing right next to it when then did pulls, my ears were ringing

·
Registered
956 Posts
wtf...i hope that lean spike was when he got off man....other wise make sure they tune that **** out....

and BTW we redline a 6800...so yea ....anyway stop by man i want a ride after all that work installing it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mcdwf398 said:
wtf...i hope that lean spike was when he got off man....other wise make sure they tune that **** out....

and BTW we redline a 6800...so yea ....anyway stop by man i want a ride after all that work installing it.
your correct that was when he let off.

I'll come by wednesday hopefully if i can

·
Registered
956 Posts
it can be...different altitude...mods....plus that custom exaust you have looks like it is smaller then almost all the aftermarket systems....which would cause you to see a higher psi

even though you list it as 2.5 inch...it looked smaller than that at several points.....i'll have to look again

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mcdwf398 said:
it can be...different altitude...mods....plus that custom exaust you have looks like it is smaller then almost all the aftermarket systems....which would cause you to see a higher psi

even though you list it as 2.5 inch...it looked smaller than that at several points.....i'll have to look again
na its 2.5 all the way medrel bent. It doesnt downsize at anypoint. aw well what ever the boost guage is reading 8 , their equipment is reading 9-10

·
Registered
956 Posts
o...well in that case dont' worry about it.....i am pretty sure part of it looked restrictive though....

·
Registered
624 Posts
Cool deal man. I'm hoping to get mine on the dyno here sometime in the near future...although I'm sure it's not going to be until after Christmas. I'm still in the process of fixing/replacing my vandalized sh!t though, so that is definitely going to be a factor.

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
Nice. Congrats! Did you have your car painted? Just wondering why your engine bay is white, but your car is blue. lol

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
FYI, thats the same shop most of us in AZ get our cars dynoed at (including myself).

I think Chris has said in the past that their boost numbers seem a bit high, but typically most boost gauges are not very accurrate. So your gauge could be wrong, and those could be accurate boost readings.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Too bad the vid sucks, but you can really hear that sucker screaming!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts