Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i installed my ssa catback, i notice i been using up gas faster now, is this true when u install a aftermarket exhaust, or am i just imagining it

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
did you reset the ecu by taking off the - ?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apkraven said:
did you reset the ecu by taking off the - ?
no because i didnt get a cel, so i figured i didnt have to do it, should i?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
SAMEEEEE PROBLEM HERE......i installed my catback...and my gas mileage has been going down at a constant rate.....i'm losing like a mile every 13 seconds...i have an auto,....and the little mileage metre is going down rapidly....wasting gas

am i supposed to reset the ecu?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, well ya'll know i just installed my catback like 2 days ago, so yea help US

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yes go ahead and pull the negative off for about 30 seconds.... also u got an exhaust, even though u do think u r driving diffrent, u r. ur probably putting your foot down more to hear/feel it

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Yes, you should always reset the ECU after a HP changing mod. It doesnt matter if you have a CEL or not, it resets the ECU so it can learn to the new mods.

Go do that and see. Take off negative terminal on Batt. and let it sit for about a minute. Your car is gonna be retarted for a little bit and will clear up and run great.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i did it, and my car didnt act retarded, just normal, well ima have to go to the store in a little bit, i guess i will find out then

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
05Tib said:
yes go ahead and pull the negative off for about 30 seconds.... also u got an exhaust, even though u do think u r driving diffrent, u r. ur probably putting your foot down more to hear/feel it
i dont know if u seen my other threads yet about me not wanting to go past 3000 rpm cus i dont have a magnaflow cat yet, i been shifting at 3000 or less then that since i installed it cus i dont wanna hear that annoying ricer sound

·
Registered
972 Posts
Tanelk said:
i dont know if u seen my other threads yet about me not wanting to go past 3000 rpm cus i dont have a magnaflow cat yet, i been shifting at 3000 or less then that since i installed it cus i dont wanna hear that annoying ricer sound

isnt the ricer sound at 2500-3000 around there.? i know thats how my car is.. then after that its fine. even when i didnt have headers and just had exhaust it was around the 2500-3000rpm range..

yea u prolly gettin up to the 3000 rpms a lil faster lol.. i was gettin better gas milage when i got my exhaust. i was gettin anywhere from 22-26.. now with headers install i get 20... nothing more nothng less..

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no below 3000 rpm it sounds deep and mean, above 3000rpm its like someone is grabbing the balls and squeezing them, i hope my magnaflow cat comes in by next week, its killing me not being able to floor it and really hear how it sounds

·
Registered
972 Posts
wait a sec... do u have header or header. w/e u got?

if u dont have headers..
WHY THE F*CK DID U BUY A HIGH FLOW CAT IF UR CAT IS STILL THERE!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RedTuscani2k3 said:
wait a sec... do u have header or header. w/e u got?

if u dont have headers..
WHY THE F*CK DID U BUY A HIGH FLOW CAT IF UR CAT IS STILL THERE!
ok do i look stupid, why would i buy a high flow cat if i dont have headerS, i have ssa headerS with ssa catback

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
ooo ok yeah but driving so low in rpms can hurt gas miles... floor ur car in 4th at 2k rpms... takes alot of work to get up to speed. man just drive that thing!! no cats are awsome!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Tanelk said:
ok do i look stupid, why would i buy a high flow cat if i dont have headerS, i have ssa headerS with ssa catback

lol ok.. i just wasnt sure. since u only put exhaust.. lol. CATLESS IS AWESOEM.. and smells good.. MmM GAS

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Tanelk said:
hell no, i'll look like a fool out there lol
/offtopic

Do you ever go out to the meets on Rankin road?

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I checked my records and there was zero change to my mileage after the SSA catback was installed.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
deez337 said:
/offtopic

Do you ever go out to the meets on Rankin road?
rankin road, that sounds familiar, is it off 45 and no i havent been to any meets around here yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts