Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, im new to tiburons and hyundai in general. ive only owned bmw and stock at that. i know one of the first things i want to do to my car is suspension. now just for fun i was looking on ebay and i found a couple of sets one for $70.00US including shipping from a store called "speed fantasy". now i know there probably crap, but i was wondering what you guys think.

Scotty

ps. heres the link ... http://cgi.ebay.ca/03-05-HYUNDAI-TI...5QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33582QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wouldnt even go near them...Not even worth the 20 bucks they cost. There are people on ebay that sell authentic good parts and there are ones that sell crap like this and 3 dollar "speed chips" that look like an advil with a paper clip through it. I would go with a credible maker of coilovers.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you want to go cheap you might as well pick up the Dropzone springs on ebay for like $89 shipped. I heard they start squeaking a bit after a year though....Best thing its just save up and get TEIN Lowering springs

·
Banned
173 Posts
never ever buy ebay coilovers i learned the hard way wheni was 17

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i figured, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
yeah,,,those 'coilovers' don't measure up. Go with a reputible company for any suspension mods, like Eibach, B+G, Tein, Ground Control, Sprint, Progress and even Tanabe. no matter what mods you plan to make weather it be engine, exterior, wheels, suspension,,,stick with the name brands. I don't wanna see you come in here in 2months saying your car bottomed out on some cheap springs. I'm not being mean to you, just being honest. Bad suspensions and worn out tires are some of the number one causes for accidents. Also when you lower your car,,,make sure that you also purchase some struts/shocks that are compatible with lowered vehicles because the shocks/struts that came on the car do no last once the car is lowered. :) happy modding and welcome to the Tib community.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts