Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks guys! you think with the apexi ni catback and a magna flow high flow cat it would sound pretty deep?

·
Registered
915 Posts
now im interested... hmmm. interested ig comes with headers and pipe as well. and also wondering if high flow magnaflow might sound good as well

·
Registered
358 Posts
i have a 2.0 I4 tiburon man, and this are 2 choices to make real power for ours 2.0 tiburon.

GOING TURBO OR SUPERCHARGED nothing else

if youre going just N/A and just want a ricer sound car get a 2.5 in. diam. i can see it is a 2 inches on that ebay header which i think is the same size of our stock cars. it looke to be 2 inches diameter man, dont buy it.

if you are going turbo or SC in shor time, save the money for the kit and get a 3 inches diameter man.

well thats what i decided dude. and if sombody thinks im wrong in the diameter sizes write em right plz.

·
Registered
143 Posts
for the one saying that the only way to get power if via Turbo or Supercharger..he's right BUT there are some significant difference you can do N/A without goin to spend 3k+ $

CAI + ebay Headers (150 for them shipped. 2.25 diameter) + no cats (just stock resonator and two tsudo sp2 mufflers) + Clutch w/light flywheel + Spark plugs and wires made a HUGE difference!, no need to invest more on my motor and I still win several street and track races...

Total spent: $940 bucks...with installs and everything

Enough power to me to be happy :3_nosthum
Obviously can't compare with the real deal of F/I but IMHO, when goin budget...it does the job pretty well

·
Banned
3,518 Posts
Meh - don't listen to anyone and do what you want. I don't need to spend the $$$ on FI nor do I need the speed/HP ..... I have better things to spend my money on. I always do a few bolt on's to increase HP but more importantly MPG and for longevity. I get better gas mileage now, a few more HP as a result, and I never have to replace any part of my entire exhaust since its all T304 stainless ;)

Used AEM - $80 (minus selling the OEM one for $40)
SSA full exhaust - $450.00 (minus selling the OEM one for $250.00)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
i think that the best route is to do NA-tuning first so you got the NA instant torque, then go FI and you get the horsepower up higher. gotta keep in mind that turbo lag really sucks if your engine has no low-end power, so get it built up first. headers is one of the things you should do anyways. and if it doesnt have a 02 bung, then find a way to get one where it needs to be.

·
Registered
915 Posts
i think i may buy it... any word on if comes with down pipe?

·
Registered
103 Posts
it says O2 insertion in the discription.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts