Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there’s tons of posts on ebay headers but i want to know if veering ebay headers or obx is worth it

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had eBay headers (DNA Motorsports) on my car for a while prior to getting a set of JVT headers and then finally getting my hands on some used ceramic coated DC racing headers. They fit well, however they were of poor quality, as I had to replace every flex joint within 1 year of having them installed, and after I took them off I noticed that the where one of the two runners connect to the collector pipe was not bored out properly leaving only a ~1.5cm diameter hole for three cylinders to breathe out of.

eBay headers are a gamble at best. If you do opt for them make sure to inspect them prior to installation for any manufacturing mistakes as I mentioned above. The good thing is that on eBay you have recourse as a buyer and you can get your money back relatively easily if there is a problem.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had eBay headers (DNA Motorsports) on my car for a while prior to getting a set of JVT headers and then finally getting my hands on some used ceramic coated DC racing headers. They fit well, however they were of poor quality, as I had to replace every flex joint within 1 year of having them installed, and after I took them off I noticed that the where one of the two runners connect to the collector pipe was not bored out properly leaving only a ~1.5cm diameter hole for three cylinders to breathe out of.

eBay headers are a gamble at best. If you do opt for them make sure to inspect them prior to installation for any manufacturing mistakes as I mentioned above. The good thing is that on eBay you have recourse as a buyer and you can get your money back relatively easily if there is a problem.
Thats why sometimes if someone goes with ebay headers I recommend them completely redesigning the y pipe so it can flow better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts