Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all my friends have them in the cars and they look great and have lasted a while and come with a good warrenty.. anyone here have them?

·
Registered
653 Posts
There are sooooooooo many hid kits on ebay. 99.9% are more than likely garbage. If you feel that your friends scored some good ones and your feeling lucky, then try to pick some up from that same seller.... Or be a real man and get some quality ones. I've seen a lot of sellers who will post up an auction for something like this and not mention a brand (or make up a brand themselves) and then just send you a generic set made in china. It's your money, but you get what you pay for. I think most people will agree that you should just save a few more bones and get a good set. :3_winkthu

·
Registered
653 Posts
i dont wanna spend more then $150
Then just buy some silverstars... seriously. HID kits are one of those things that gets duplicated as cheap, poorly refurbished, 2nd hand crap and shipped all over the world. That's like buying a car with a salvaged title. Sure, it might be ok, but you don't know what it's been through and what problems are just waiting to happen. Sometimes you get lucky, but your likely to get hosed. Just save your money. It's not like you have to have these things now or your car wont' run.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then just buy some silverstars... seriously. HID kits are one of those things that gets duplicated as cheap, poorly refurbished, 2nd hand crap and shipped all over the world. That's like buying a car with a salvaged title. Sure, it might be ok, but you don't know what it's been through and what problems are just waiting to happen. Sometimes you get lucky, but your likely to get hosed. Just save your money. It's not like you have to have these things now or your car wont' run.
silverstars are garbage.

like i said all my friends have the ebay kits from the same seller and none of them have had a issue and they come with a great warrenty.

i know 2 ppl who spent 350 on hid kits and there sh*t and have blown out or one light has turned whiter then the other.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The GT HID kit that is on ebay looks like a quality kit... Atleast they have nice detailed packaging and website:3_wink:

http://www.gt-hid.com/

And the site also explains the colors and difference between the temp. range.....

I'm considering the 8000K kit.....if I can find good feedback on them I think I may buy.....

Whats more popular 6000K or 8000K???

·
Registered
173 Posts
i just recieved some ebay ones last week that i paid 145 dollars shipped. they were 8000k. they came with a warranty and are suppost to be water proof (not that theyll be getting wet anytime soon.) but yeah i was satisifed. they were a plug and play kit so the install was fairly easy. they are really bright and look the same as my friends car and he paid about 300 for his pffffffff!!!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
a friend was showing me some kits on ebay the other day that cost like $100-$150 and they looked like they could be good quality,

the ballasts and the bulbs looked exactly like my halo hid's

so i'm guessing that prices on these are really starting to come down

·
Registered
173 Posts
just make sure to check the feedback and buyer comments before you buy.........if its all good comments and a pretty high feedback percentage like 96% and up then u should be pretty safe.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just make sure to check the feedback and buyer comments before you buy.........if its all good comments and a pretty high feedback percentage like 96% and up then u should be pretty safe.
i bought the same ebay kit that 4 of my friends have and my friends parents have them too.. the guys feedback is very good.. i paid $140 shipped.

ill post pics when i have them installed.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
NO relay kit is needed...The hid kits come with everything you need...
and you are so certain a relay isn't needed when going HID........ha whatever...I don't mean to be blunt but a relay is definitely required...reason being is that when a relay is installed with a hid kit it draws power from the battery instead of the stock h/l relay and powering system thus stopping the risk of blowing or messing up the bcm and frying any wiring....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts