Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of picking up the ebay high rise spoiler i've read through the posts about them and heard that the paint isnt matched perfect. but this was on lighter colored cars ( both white i belive) i heard that it's harder to match lighter color paint then it is draker colored paint.

so what i would like to know is:

1. If someone with a darker colored car bought one of these how did the paint match up? Pics?
2. How hard was it to wire up the third brake light?

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
1) I bought one for my black 2003 tiburon back in 2003 and the paint lasted this long. It matched perfectly.
2) iirc, the brake light was 1 or 2 wires...very simple.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I bought the one for $99 plus$30 shipping.

Yeah, my paint match is not perfect. It is darker then my car. I have an '06 Moonlit Blue, but I love it and when I have my hood repainted I am going to have them take care of the spoiler. The paint, though, is perfect on it.

The wiring was easy!!! Just follow Projectx7's DIY. I really don't have that many good pics with the spoiler. I need to take some.

I don't regret it though, cuz it looks so much better than the low spoiler.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
i got one of these also for my 03 alpine and just a slight shade lighter, not bad at all tho. since you've read the previous posts about these you know that you'll have to run to the hardware store to get longer screws.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yeah, there is another seller on ebay that says they only guarantee their paint match on cars that are less than 3 yrs old.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ Really. then my car just barely falls into that mark so i should be ok right? yea i know bout the longer screws but i forgot do i need to drill the holes or just need longer bolts? thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
no drill just longer bolts. might need washers depending on what bolts you get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts