Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

ebay IM gasket

397 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  old guy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have no experience with that specific one. They dont say what material it is made from. I know phenolic spacers work great but without knowing what that stuff is I wouldn't get it.

#3 ·
so they are basically trying to sell a pheno spacer as a gasket. not sure what the thickness is on those, but i know from experience that you NEED a gasket or gasket maker crap (permatex) in order to get a good seal

#4 ·
SecondGT said:
so they are basically trying to sell a pheno spacer as a gasket. not sure what the thickness is on those, but i know from experience that you NEED a gasket or gasket maker crap (permatex) in order to get a good seal
I think its opposite... They are trying to pass off a gasket as a phenolic spacer....

#6 ·
well they do have good feedback, 99.7% so that should give some kind of credibility to their description.

afaik that's the first attempt at making phenolic spacers for the lower intake manifold right?

someone should try those

#7 ·
I'll probably try'em, but the time between getting the part and when I have time to install can be very long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.