Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
basically all cold air intakes operate on the same principle.

the thing you have to look out for with ebay intakes is the quality of the filter and couplings.

filters like to fall off and let in rocks and other road debris... and with ebay... its either a hit or miss with the piping fitting... usually a slight miss.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have an ebay intake and it fit perfectly. If you do get it the only thing i would recommend would be changing the filter out. Thats what i did and it works perfectly!

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah pretty much all intakes are the same just change the filter to a quality one and you should be good.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Yes it does, all CAI for the tiburon v6 do. I use to have the ebay intake, but switched to AEM, couldn't really tell of a difference except for the AEM sounded better with its filter on, but when I switched out the intake with the ebay one and put the AEM filter on it sounded just as good. So yeah if you buy this, just switch out the filter and you should be fine, it'll make your engine sound a hell of a lot better.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The maf is just below the second silicon coupling. I dont think there would be much room to just use the one piece and make it a SRI. You would have to do some cutting to the piping to make that work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok, i just bought one of the BOMZ CAI systems off of ebay, but want to buy a K&N filter to put on it. What is the model number of the K&N filter that I need. As I don't have the intake system yet, I don't know the dimensions of the piping and would like to have the filter and intake come at the same time so I can complete the setup all at once.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hmm looks like it should work. Any reason in particular why you want a SRI over a CAI? And dont say water cause unless your driving throught 6in deep puddles for a long time the CAI wont be an issue.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brodeurman69 said:
Hmm looks like it should work. Any reason in particular why you want a SRI over a CAI? And dont say water cause unless your driving throught 6in deep puddles for a long time the CAI wont be an issue.
well water is a issue because i live on the water, (salt water) and when we get bad storms we get bad floods.

plus i dont wanna go through the hassle of puttin in a CAI, lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
*Bump* Reason: I bought an ebay CIT and have no idea how to install.

Hi, i got a similar one, it's red otherwise same pieces. My friend and i could not figure out for the life of me how to get this hooked up. The filter either ran into the fusebox or the battery and was too big entirely. From this thread it seems as if i sould find a shorter intake? Also the Mass Air Flow sensor seems to be a big problem, without it on, the engine does not know how much gas to give due to not knowing how much air is coming in. Please advise, I really love my Tiburon but if I can't upgrade it, i guess i can just wax it weekly. Sorry if my english is bad, i dont really care for grammar :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
tiburon682.....i would be careful buying that last intake you posted up about, it would work just fine, but did you read the guys feedback? 9negitave feedback within the month! thats not good...i would look around a little bit more...if you buy the cai you can cut off 2 inches from the upper tube and you can then use it as a short ram.....i bought the cai and cut the upper tube to make a shortram for the winter months, then i can still add on the lower pipe for a full cai and run it durring the warmer months....best of both worlds! :)

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SRKNFSD said:
tiburon682.....i would be careful buying that last intake you posted up about, it would work just fine, but did you read the guys feedback? 9negitave feedback within the month! thats not good...i would look around a little bit more...if you buy the cai you can cut off 2 inches from the upper tube and you can then use it as a short ram.....i bought the cai and cut the upper tube to make a shortram for the winter months, then i can still add on the lower pipe for a full cai and run it durring the warmer months....best of both worlds! :)
thanks man.. um my buddy has a 00 gallant and he had a k&n intake/filter on his car.. we looked at it yesterday and it looks like it will fit if we cut a little off.. it would go down right next to that empty spot near our battery.. im gonna try it later and let you all know.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts