Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive searched and searched... either im missing it or it hasnt been answered. The ebay oil catch tanks.. are they bad ? Also some say 9mm or 15mm. Is that the size of the tank? I saw a JDM oil catch tank that seems nice and would like to get.

Also the pipes to connect the lines. Where do i go to get those? Do i need a certain size? Ive seen in some of peoples pictures they have colored ones. What do you use to paint them?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
If you get an ebay or knock-off catch can the first thing you need to do is take it apart and silicone all the gasket areas, and teflon tape all the screw fittings. You can buy colored silicone vacumn hoses.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
9mm and 15mm is the size of the fittings on the end. i think we need the 9mm ones, but im not positive

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Just know this. You don't have to go out and spend $100 on an oil catch can. A $10 filter from Home Depot will do the same job just as well.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I bought a generic oil catch can it works fine. most of the. come with both fittings. you do know how to correctly install it right?

·
Registered
837 Posts
imatharu29 said:
yea, but those cans are so pretty. I jus dont want to do all that work if i buy the ebay catch can
The Summit Can is the best value for the money - here's a link to some different ones for ya...

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=breather+tank&x=0&y=0&N=0&searchinresults=false

Personally, I think my Home Depot setup works well enough I've decided not to bother upgrading to the Summit Can I bought - I'll sell it to ya for say, $20 shipped? (It's the blue one) PM me if ya want it... :3_smile:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rsnyderjr2 said:
The Summit Can is the best value for the money - here's a link to some different ones for ya...

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=breather+tank&x=0&y=0&N=0&searchinresults=false

Personally, I think my Home Depot setup works well enough I've decided not to bother upgrading to the Summit Can I bought - I'll sell it to ya for say, $20 shipped? (It's the blue one) PM me if ya want it... :3_smile:

thanks for the offer. Just blue would look really odd since my car is black and letter parts of red. i think ill just save my money and get that greddy one eventually.

·
Registered
31 Posts
rsnyderjr2 said:

I don't know to much abou these so on the summit ones you'd have to buy the tubing? Also as someone asked above, no I don't know how to install one. easy/moderate/hard type install? Things to think of when mounting it? etc...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hellsiege said:
I don't know to much abou these so on the summit ones you'd have to buy the tubing? Also as someone asked above, no I don't know how to install one. easy/moderate/hard type install? Things to think of when mounting it? etc...
There's a lot of info. (and controversy) about installing catch cans on this site - do searches for both "Oil Catch", and "Catch cans" and you'll have some fun reading to do... :3_wink:

And yes, I think for most of the cans you'll buy, you have to buy the tubing separately...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts