Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while troubleshooting for my problems, we found this...

...the obd-2 scanner detects the crank sensor as off

:3_frusty:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carbontiburon said:
so u probaly need a new crank sensor
it is new, we replaced it a little while ago

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Zaion said:
Hello,

Check the 10 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood that says SENSOR. When the crank sensor "shorts" sometimes it blows that fuse.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

Check the 10 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood that says SENSOR. When the crank sensor "shorts" sometimes it blows that fuse.

Thanks T.C.
Thanks I'll check that right now

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the fuse was fine...

Im getting sick of this

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Zaion said:
the fuse was fine...

Im getting sick of this
Hello,

It is very simple if you know how to diagnose. You need to check voltage and ground down at the sensor. There are three wires. One is ground, one is 5 volt reference, and one is signal return. Make sure you have voltage going to it and then check and make sure your ground is good. Do I need to fly down there and fix this crap for you?

Thanks T.C.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

Thanks T.C.
I don't know what other symptoms he is having, but when that Sensor fuse blows, typically the car won't start. It controls all the vital engine sensors (crank, knock, cam). And if you do get it started, it will limit your rpms to like 3500 or 4000.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

It is very simple if you know how to diagnose. You need to check voltage and ground down at the sensor. There are three wires. One is ground, one is 5 volt reference, and one is signal return. Make sure you have voltage going to it and then check and make sure your ground is good. Do I need to fly down there and fix this crap for you?

Thanks T.C.
If you do, you could check every other thing it has ;)
...especially why it went into limp mode

Looks like I'll have to really talk to Ruben this time

·
Registered
48 Posts
Zaion said:

if no fuse is blown and if ur getting power to the sensor and the ground is good , find out if any other sensors share the same power source as that one and check them also, the car went into limp mode because its not seeing the crank output signal, so if u checked all those things u might of fried ur computer, it can happen

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
carbontiburon said:
if no fuse is blown and if ur getting power to the sensor and the ground is good , find out if any other sensors share the same power source as that one and check them also, the car went into limp mode because its not seeing the crank output signal, so if u checked all those things u might of fried ur computer, it can happen

It may just not be bolted in tight enough... if the tolerance isnt tight enough it wont send a signal back to the ecu since it's magnetic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ichijin mikomi said:
It may just not be bolted in tight enough... if the tolerance isnt tight enough it wont send a signal back to the ecu since it's magnetic.

thats true also, make sure the surface is clean and the magnet is also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts