Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was to tune my ECU know and i want to know how? My friend has the Hondata K-pro reflash taht gives him around 30whp. I wanted a basic mod like taht. Is their a way i can do this? Is this what the SAFC II and mafterburner do?? Is their a reflash for our cars

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
we want to know that too. safc and mafterburner don't manage the timing. so it's just half of what reflashes do and it's even worse, cause it's only a piggyback.

·
Registered
837 Posts
incubus said:
That's quite a lot in my opinion.
^^^ Yea - no way he got 30whp unless he's boosted and they gave him boost maps or something in addition to the typical stuff...

I got my ECU reflash from powerchipgroup.com - I liked the results, and their service was great (sending it back for another reflash soon to match my upgrades - $50 per) - Real ECU, Shark Racing, KDM, and Alpine Unichip are some other options I know some guys on here have...

Bottom Line - you'll want to do a lot more research on this.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
yes maf and safc are piggybacks that control the amount of fuel.

But the only way we can do the reflashes is by having a company send us a flashed ecu and then we sent back our stock one. Its kind of pointless to do that if you get a new mod because then you have to get a flash again. Also every car is different so the reflash doesnt nessecarily get you the best tune.

Lastly if you just start with a fuel tuner as your first mod you wont really see too much of a gain. Maybe 5whp peak on 04+

I believe the alpine unichip and msd ignition can control the timing.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
rsnyderjr2 said:
^^^ Yea - no way he got 30whp unless he's boosted and they gave him boost maps or something in addition to the typical stuff...
have you no faith in v-tec?

Actually, a boosted v-tec can easily rank get about 90-100 whp when it activates

·
Registered
234 Posts
MSD ignitions only controls the timing on our car above 4,000rpms.( If i remember correctly it may be a little lower) They did make a unit that could control the timing is what they have told me but they dont produce it anymore. It would also have to be used with aftermarket coil packs as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i dont know much about what u guys are talking about...All i want to do is squeeze the hp out of our cars...The guy with the GTI said he has a GIAC reflash that can give him up to 19psi on his stock turbo...he said it can tweak up to 21ish..He said its much easier cuz his is a f/i car and will be getting much better gains then n/a

same with the hondata k-pro....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts