Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'd like to put on some lowering springs but I'm a little worried about my cat-back. I want a 1 to 1.5 inch drop but I'm worried that while driving I will badly scrape my exhaust. Does lowering your car sacrifice ride quality? Will lowering it soften the ride and make it bounce more or stiffen it up? Sorry I'm a little new to suspension stuff and trying to learn what I can and my Tib is the first car I've ever modded so I don't have much experience with aftermarket stuff. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You will get a 1.6'' drop overall with the sportlines and as far as I know the ARK is an over axle exhaust. Therefore, you won't scrape your exhaust. But, if I'm wrong and it's a under axle then you might scrape it while going over humps.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i had tein s tech on my tib which was 1.7 drop in front and 1.3 in the back. but i had subs and box in the trunk 2 12s so it gave lil more drop and it scraped ALOT with my ark dual exhaust. ark exhaust is under axle so it scrapped a lot. but it wont affect performance unless u make a hole or have it dent or something. my resonator and y pipe scraped. not my car.

·
Registered
464 Posts
cobby said:
i had tein s tech on my tib which was 1.7 drop in front and 1.3 in the back. but i had subs and box in the trunk 2 12s so it gave lil more drop and it scraped ALOT with my ark dual exhaust. ark exhaust is under axle so it scrapped a lot. but it wont affect performance unless u make a hole or have it dent or something. my resonator and y pipe scraped. not my car.
i have his old springs LOL damn my car is low now

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Eibach Pro=1.1 drop, no scrapping here but when I come to dips I always go slow and at an angle to prevent scraping front bumper.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could've sworn the ARK was over axle, I'll have to look. Usually when I drive I avoid potholes and go over bumps slowly so maybe I'll be alright.

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
I have the Eibach Pro Kit springs and I've never had any scraping issue, unless you count the front end tow bar.....I've scraped that a few times.

Yes, the Eibachs will make your ride a bit harsher due to more stiffness, but not enormously so.....it's definately not a problem. It actually feels like a sportscar should to me these days. It's stiff when it needs to be and forgiving enough to not beat you up, at least with the stock struts.

Go for it man.....you won't be dissapointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts