Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Eibach pro-kit with 1.1 drop all the way around. The bolts on my front shock, spring arms keep comming loose causing a loud clicking sound when I turn the wheels one way or the other when Im backing up or somtimes under acceleration. Dealership supposidly tightened them and that worked for awhile but slowly the problem is comming back. I wonder if they only tightened one side down factory spec and now the the other side is doing it. Anybody else have issues like this with aftermarket springs?

·
Registered
744 Posts
jsdragonsoul333 said:
I have Eibach pro-kit with 1.1 drop all the way around. The bolts on my front shock, spring arms keep comming loose causing a loud clicking sound when I turn the wheels one way or the other when Im backing up or somtimes under acceleration. Dealership supposidly tightened them and that worked for awhile but slowly the problem is comming back. I wonder if they only tightened one side down factory spec and now the the other side is doing it. Anybody else have issues like this with aftermarket springs?
hit search, there is a cure for this. Requires you to reverse something.

and that somethin will be found when u use the search buton.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had the same problem with my sportlines and because of guys telling me to use the ''SEARCH BUTTON'' I couldn't solve the problem for a long time. Anyways, I changed my strut mounts and the problem was fixed.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Samba Red V6 said:
I had the same problem with my sportlines and because of guys telling me to use the ''SEARCH BUTTON'' I couldn't solve the problem for a long time. Anyways, I changed my strut mounts and the problem was fixed.

Changed your strut mounts with just new factory strut mounts?

·
Registered
187 Posts
jsdragonsoul333 said:
Changed your strut mounts with just new factory strut mounts?
Yes, I changed it with the OEM strut mounts.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Samba Red V6 said:
Yes, I changed it with the OEM strut mounts.

How much did that cost you?

·
Registered
187 Posts
jsdragonsoul333 said:
How much did that cost you?

I can't really remember but it was like 20 BD including labor charges which is around US$55. But, I think you shouldn't compare the prices with Bahrain because there is no tax and labor is very cheap.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Samba Red V6 said:
I can't really remember but it was like 20 BD including labor charges which is around US$55. But, I think you shouldn't compare the prices with Bahrain because there is no tax and labor is very cheap.

Damn, well here they kill us on Labor.

·
Registered
187 Posts
jsdragonsoul333 said:
Damn, well here they kill us on Labor.
If you believe that the problem is because of the strut mounts you can buy the strut mount from the dealer and fix it yourself if you have the proper tools. By this you can at least save from labor charges.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Samba Red V6 said:
If you believe that the problem is because of the strut mounts you can buy the strut mount from the dealer and fix it yourself if you have the proper tools. By this you can at least save from labor charges.

This is true. Thanks for the help dude

1 - 10 of 10 Posts