Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Car and Driver (Dec 2006 issue) just did a comparison test with the Elantra against the Toyota Corolla LE, Honda Civic LX, Nissan Sentra 2.0, Mazda 3s Touring and the VW Rabbit. It placed 4th in front of the Corolla (5th) and the Sentra (6th). 3rd was the Civic, 2nd was the Mazda 3 and the Rabbit came out on top.

The highs for the Elantra were:
- quality interior materials and details
- great seats
- slick shifter and clutch
- smooth ride
- high value

Lows were:
- engine noise at highway speeds
- floaty body motions
- over-responsive steering

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Just think, Corolla:

I wonder how older Elantra owners think of the 2007 version of their car. Do thy hate it like we hat the 2007 Tiburon?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
NovaResource said:
Just think, Corolla:

I wonder how older Elantra owners think of the 2007 version of their car. Do thy hate it like we hat the 2007 Tiburon?

Come on, guys... stop blaming Hyundai for its design. It is fairly true that they copied, but that's it ! Everybody copies each other ! If you say so, the 2006 Audi A4 copied the fog lights of the 2001 Tiburon, the Chinese car Landwind copied Opel Frontera, the front of the Nissan 350Z copied the Lamborghini Murcielago, the new Ferrari (dunno the model) copied the Lotus Elise,etc.etc.....

I'm ready to be blamed, but please don't blame ONLY those poor Korean companies.... :( Cuz every companies are ready to copy other ones to sell more.

P.S: Just wanted to say that most of the Koreans are really satisfied with the 2007 Tiburon. So YOU hate it, so don't say "Do thy hate it like we hat the 2007 Tiburon?".

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
JYL_SouthKorea said:
Come on, guys... stop blaming Hyundai for its design. It is fairly true that they copied, but that's it ! Everybody copies each other !
I never said the copied it, I said it looks like a Corolla. And it does.

P.S: Just wanted to say that most of the Koreans are really satisfied with the 2007 Tiburon. So YOU hate it, so don't say "Do thy hate it like we hat the 2007 Tiburon?".
Why do you put words in my mouth? Again, I never said I hated the new Elantra. I actually like it. However, I don't own an older Elantra. I was just wondering what owners/fans of the pre-07 Elantra think of the new design.

I know for the most part, Tib fans dislike the new exterior of the '07 Tib so it stands to reason some Elantra fans might dislike the exterior of the '07 Elantra in the same way. I don't know if they do or not, I just asked the question.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Excuse me if I was aggressive, but just wanna say that , as said before, most of the Korean Tiburon fans like the new design. Also in French forums, I can see people saying in French "oh my gosh, that's hot !".

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
NovaResource said:
Well, I have a '99 Elantra and I actually think the '07 looks pretty good. Although, some of the body lines are closer to the 2nd gen Elantra (96-2000) than to the 3rd gen (2001-2006).

Quite honestly, I don't know why everyone thinks it looks like a Corolla. I just don't see the resemblance that much.

Edit: I also think it's time to give it a little more power though. They should have a GT version with the 2.4L from the new Sonata. Of course then they'd need to give the Tib more power too (ie: the 3.3 V6 from the Sonata)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
fixer said:
I'd like to see some better pictures from the rear please.....

Good work Dave.
fixer said:
Come on...I work for a Hyundai dealer, I know what a STOCK car looks like.

I want to see the back end of Dave's.
Sorry, I don't read minds. I thought you meant the Elantra since that's the topic of this thread.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
heatfan5 said:
you must be smoking crack if you say 07 us ugly and 03 gt had the best design
I think you are the one smoking crack. That is a 2004 Elantra GT. This is a 2003 Elantra GT:

I like the 2003-earlier front facia better than the 2004-06 design as well.

BTW, I saw my first '07 Elantra on the road this morning on the way to work. Boring plain white, but still nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts