Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my clock and cd player have been going crazy, the clock resets itself just about every time I start my car and sometimes just continually keeps changing for like 5-10 min at a time and the cd player turns off and on just outta no where while I'm driving. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and how to fix it..thanks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection...check your battery connections...check your ground strap from the firewall to the motor...something is loose

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like a grounding issue. I had a similar problem a while ago.

have a look at your voltage gauge when the problems happen. (mine was dropping to around 12 v)

I solved my problem by running 2 extra grounds. 1 from the battery neg to the engine and the other to the transmission.

I took my car to the dealer three times and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Ended up having to get roadside assistance out when the whole electrical system shut off and the guy solved it in about 30 seconds.

Haven't had a problem since.

Of course it could be something else, but sounds like what mine was doing.

·
Registered
740 Posts
yeah id say its probably something simple like a ground or even as simple as just checking the clipped in wires behind the radio/center plastic piece...
i know i have some problems with that and my clock kept resetting the other day from me unplugging it and not plugging it back in well enough.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks 4 the ideas i'll try them and see what happens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts