·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ouch... Well that blows.

On another note, pugs are almost as ugly as chihuahuas

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
How in the hell does the car just fall of the lift? It must have been pretty stable since they were already working on it (one tire is already off)

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,096 Posts
05GT said:
How in the hell does the car just fall of the lift? It must have been pretty stable since they were already working on it (one tire is already off)
They probably had the lift points too far forward, but enough so they thought it was balanced (while the tires were still on). Once they pulled the tires off, all the weight was on the back.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
They had my car slip a little on the lift once while I was standing there. I almost had a heart attack! It happens more than you would think, someone had their car fall off a lift this past summer at a local tire store. They paid to have the car fixed but honestly I would not want it back after a drop like that.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
They had my car slip a little on the lift once while I was standing there. I almost had a heart attack! It happens more than you would think, someone had their car fall off a lift this past summer at a local tire store. They paid to have the car fixed but honestly I would not want it back after a drop like that.

Yep.. a car would never be the same after something like that.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Can you imagine what went through the guys head that was working on it. heh pwned

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I didnt know that the underside of a Lotus was a big piece of sheet metal, Its kinda cool so that it really never get caught on anything. I would be so mad, but it doesnt look like there was alot of damage going on.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
rbgCODE said:
Can you imagine what went through the guys head that was working on it. heh pwned

Yep... where can I find another job?

·
Registered
867 Posts
03TibbGT said:
I didnt know that the underside of a Lotus was a big piece of sheet metal, Its kinda cool so that it really never get caught on anything. I would be so mad, but it doesnt look like there was alot of damage going on.
well there was enough damage they totalled the car

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
03TibbGT said:
Considering how rare Elise's are and how expensive replacement parts are, it's probably not that the damage was extensive, but the cost of repairing it was more than the cost of replacing it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
holy shiz they totalled it.
love this line...
they had a wrecker attached with a winch to the front end so it wouldn't come crashing down. After it cleared the lift, the front end swung around and crashed into some tool chests

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
05GT said:
The Elise is so bloody light, a small gust of air came through the garage and blew it off the lift.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts