Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pictures

So... now I've got the emblems on my Tib. The back "H" logo is pulled off the exact same way as the front.

The "Tiburon" at the back is just stuck on. I used the cable ties to cut through the gunk and it worked great, got "Tiburon" off in 1 piece. Easy as pie... and the emblems are cheap. I say go for it.

Video

Please don't troll the video. I am a visual kind of person. When it comes to DIY's I prefer visual aids over writeups. I made this video to help you guys.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aaWZIzk7tM[/MEDIA]​

Couple of Notes:
"Goo Gone" <-- Works better than all purpose cleaner but it removes clear coat on painted surfaces. All purpose cleaner is easier on your painted surfaces but, as you can see, it is a lot harder to clear off the gunk in colder temperatures (ie: Canada in November).
"Fishing Line" <-- Can't find cable ties? Fishing wire also works great.

ADMINS... I encourage you to save these pictures locally on your server because oneday I might move on and these pictures will turn into "X"s like the original Emblem Removal DIY thread. It's up to you guys.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Re: DIY Emblem Removal (Pics)

i used fishing line... and i scrubbed all of the gunk off to where ya couldnt tell anything was there before lol.. but indeed it is a nice write up

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the nice words on the writeup guys!

I dunno what it is, but if I can see somebody doing it... then I'm more confident about doing it myself. Even though the instructions are the same.

·
Lighting and Accessories
13,813 Posts

GOO GONE CAN (an will) REMOVE CLEAR COAT.

I've seen it happen first person.

My advice, and still the best method IMO: use a hairdryer to melt all of the glue a little bit. Almost slides off if you get it hot enough!

·
Registered
288 Posts

I say 10++:3_winkthu

·
Registered
3,343 Posts

LOL. All I did was use a card to scrape around the edge and used my fingers to pull it off. It worked that way but this is a very good write up.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

awesome legs

oh, good write up too

·
Registered
804 Posts

dental floss and a heat gun!

oh and use wd40 to get rid of the gunk... a little heat also

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: DIY: Emblem Removal

Sooo, is there some sort of protocol to badging your Tiburon? I have the Tuscani badges, but my bf says I need to do more to the car before I throw the badges on there. I mean, I think adding the badges is doing something in itself!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Lol - Your boyfriend is on crack.

What does he say you have to do?

I've got a stock i4 with minor mods. You don't need it to be riced out to "qualify" to have Tuscani badges.

Just tell your BF that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Lol.

Hehe.... I like pushing buttons sometimes!

·
Registered
7 Posts

If you guys want to get the glue off safely without damaging the clear coat use WD40. Spray it on and let it sit for a couple of minutes to soak. It will loosen up the glue. Just remember to use alcohol or all purpose cleaner to clean off the greasy residue. Trust me I use this method all the time it does work. Also not to knock the terrific job that was done with the video but, the Tuscani badges are not supposed to go were the existing Tib badges are. They are placed at the bottom of the door rather than just above the crease.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Sorry about that everyone. I was wronge about the badge placement on the hatch lid. The video is correct. I have been researching this because my badges are coming in the mail and I want to make sure that I get this right before I do anything.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts