Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Re: DIY: Emblem Removal

I want to remove the "Tiburon", "GT" and "V6" as well, and keep them off (i.e no Tuscani or 2.7 Elisa in place). My car is a 2003 with almost 200K KM (~130K miles), should I be worried of the missing lettering being very visible?
I just did mine this winter, (2003 with ~120K on it) i just pealed off the Tiburon lettering with a hair drier and my fingers, then wiped it off with some warm water and a soft cloth and I have no ghost lettering at all. But my car is silver, IDK if that matters... you should be ok though. If for some reason you do end up with ghost lettering, you can allways wax tha heck out of it or use clay bar and whatnot.

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts

I just did mine this winter, (2003 with ~120K on it) i just pealed off the Tiburon lettering with a hair drier and my fingers, then wiped it off with some warm water and a soft cloth and I have no ghost lettering at all. But my car is silver, IDK if that matters... you should be ok though. If for some reason you do end up with ghost lettering, you can allways wax tha heck out of it or use clay bar and whatnot.
Ok that sounds great! Thanks for the info. I'll prob use the clay bar on my car anyway in the spring once it's warmer out

·
Registered
79 Posts

Here is my problem,

After removing the H logo, you see two small holes on he hood. But my Tuscani amblem do not have the two stands to fill these holes. It only has a duble side plaster so when I install Tuscani amblem the holes will remain open under the amblem.

Is this can cause any harm like rust or corrosion

·
Registered
865 Posts

I no this is probly a dumb question but is this the same on the 08's? i wanna shave mine clean. no tuscani no nothing just clean. but won't bother if there is gonna be a couple gaping holes left behind.

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts

I no this is probly a dumb question but is this the same on the 08's? i wanna shave mine clean. no tuscani no nothing just clean. but won't bother if there is gonna be a couple gaping holes left behind.
There are holes behind the Hyundai emblems. You can remove the lettering though without a problem as that doesn't have holes. Leaving just the emblem in the back might be cool-looking

·
Registered
89 Posts

Best is to NOT use goo gone, as it can eat clear coat..... instead use some of the Turtle wax bug and tar remover.... this is safe for clearcoats and took the goo right off.
Just wanted to support this. I used the wipes and just some vigorous rubbing and tried to satturate the glue with what was on the wipes as much as possible. It only took about 15 minutes. Then I used meguiar's clay bar to remove anything else that was stuck, followed it up with swirl/scratch remover, and then waxed it. Looks like no emblems were ever there.

·
Registered
865 Posts

mod is simple, easy and looks great, I personally like it with no emblems (tuscani or otherwise) but the tuscani ones look much better then hyundai. Cheap, quick easy...do it

the question is how do you go abouts shaving them off completely and make it look right?

·
Registered
301 Posts

I've done this on an audi, tibi and scion tc...I used a credit card (or any card you no longer need) , some goo be gone or any other car safe house hold cleaner and a few papertowels.

Use the card to take the initial lettering off, you will have some glue left, spray it down and use the card to remove the rest. This is how I've done it and it works, 10 minutes and it looks like nothing was there.

Some people use fishing line, floss, or anything like that, I used a card and it came out great.

Let me see if I can get a picture up

41 - 60 of 98 Posts