Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: DIY: Emblem Removal

LMAO i used my Social insurance card and it worked i just used a lil rubbing compound an got the lil scuffs out but i almost died when i saw that there was hole in my trunk and hood from the Hyundai symbol! i had no idea they puched holes right into the trunk and hood! what a silly idea! -1 gold star for Hyundai but i hadent peeled the emblem off entirely so i just pushed it back down and now i gota get a nice set of T badges :)

·
Banned
9,129 Posts

LMAO i used my Social insurance card and it worked i just used a lil rubbing compound an got the lil scuffs out but i almost died when i saw that there was hole in my trunk and hood from the Hyundai symbol! i had no idea they puched holes right into the trunk and hood! what a silly idea! -1 gold star for Hyundai but i hadent peeled the emblem off entirely so i just pushed it back down and now i gota get a nice set of T badges :)

yeah you have the process backwards! haha you are supposed to purchase the T-badges and then take off the stock badges...

·
Registered
88 Posts

Lmfao no kidding eh! :p but i didnt remove them fully so were all good il get a nice set soon :)

·
Registered
208 Posts

Good DIY +1 Rep

·
Registered
61 Posts

ok i bought my car bout a month ago with old T badges on it and they are faded and oxidized so i bought some new ones but how do u get the old ones off i tried to use fishing line last night but it bout tore my hand up and i didnt get anywhere. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts

ok i bought my car bout a month ago with old T badges on it and they are faded and oxidized so i bought some new ones but how do u get the old ones off i tried to use fishing line last night but it bout tore my hand up and i didnt get anywhere. any suggestions?
If you can grip the badge, try twisting it. Rotating it can break loose the adhesive.

You might also try prying it up, but put something under the fulcrum edge, like a discount card from a grocery store, so that the edge of the badge won't scratch the paint. Don't pry up the other side with anything that can scratch the paint, either. Nothing metal, or pointy.

Good luck!

·
Registered
315 Posts

Where do you order the badges from? a dealership?
I Got mine of eBay from a Korean based dealer i took a week or so but i only paid $20.00 with free shipping just keep looking around you'll find a good deal.

·
Registered
315 Posts

if you find it tedious doing all that scrubbing i suggest you use clean prep that is what i used and that rough dried on glue came off fairly easy after that only problem for me was had my hood repainted and the body shop ended up taping the original badge off leaving me with alot of caked up over spay along the left corner.... NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT! But over all great post i saw this post and it inspired me to do my badges good thing to they were just sitting there in the box for a while lol.....

·
Registered
148 Posts

Thanks for the great DIY. Borrowed the wifes hair dryer and some WD-40 and was done in 10 minutes

·
Registered
26 Posts

Pictures

So... now I've got the emblems on my Tib. The back "H" logo is pulled off the exact same way as the front.

The "Tiburon" at the back is just stuck on. I used the cable ties to cut through the gunk and it worked great, got "Tiburon" off in 1 piece. Easy as pie... and the emblems are cheap. I say go for it.

Video

Please don't troll the video. I am a visual kind of person. When it comes to DIY's I prefer visual aids over writeups. I made this video to help you guys.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aaWZIzk7tM[/MEDIA]​

Couple of Notes:
"Goo Gone" <-- Works better than all purpose cleaner but it removes clear coat on painted surfaces. All purpose cleaner is easier on your painted surfaces but, as you can see, it is a lot harder to clear off the gunk in colder temperatures (ie: Canada in November).
"Fishing Line" <-- Can't find cable ties? Fishing wire also works great.

ADMINS... I encourage you to save these pictures locally on your server because oneday I might move on and these pictures will turn into "X"s like the original Emblem Removal DIY thread. It's up to you guys.

Enjoy!

This helped out a lot, thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts

this helped me a lot!

·
Registered
133 Posts

I'm really interested how people filled & painted the holes?

(Whoever has their car without any badge, because I think the plain look is better).

·
Hater With No Friends
11,098 Posts

(Whoever has their car without any badge, because I think the plain look is better).
Fill it with bondo, sand it smooth, paint it. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. Get a professional to do it for you, if you lack the knowledge/skill.

·
Administrator
5,353 Posts

If you want the holes filled you'd need to take it to a body shop. Only way around that is doing what most do. And that's simply using the tuscani emblem.

Edit: Damnit Eric, lol

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts

heat gun makes it that much easier and pulls off a lot more gunk. dont have a heat gun?? sister's hair driers work just as good

61 - 80 of 97 Posts