Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: DIY: Emblem Removal

too bad for those little holes behind the crooked "H" because i would go badgeless... and no i wont just putty over it because then id have to repaint it and my paint is still new

·
Registered
318 Posts

Removed Hyundai logo, Tiburon lettering and GT V6 in about 5 minutes using a metal spoon and WD40. I promise they are the best combination. Metal spoon doesn't scratch or dent, just put under the edge and use your thumb to pry it off. Easy. Then spray generously with WD40 and rub off residue with a soft towel. Doesn't take off clear coat at all.

·
Registered
237 Posts

heres the video, I stumbled across it while viewing videos on YouTube!

·
Registered
246 Posts

I used 12lb fishing line and it took about 40 seconds for the "Tiburon" because of all the places it got temporarily caught, and about 10 for the rear H. Getting the goo off took another 15 minutes of elbow grease!

·
Registered
462 Posts

Worked like a charm except my badged didnt come off so clean lol also tried doing it with out the windex though and that wasnt working so i caved and used it TYVM for the DIY

·
Registered
107 Posts

De-badged tonight and working a mod. I'm not fond of chrome so trying Dupli-Color Shadow so far so good will post photo's soon.

H-

81 - 98 of 98 Posts