Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recieved the following letter in the mail today. Has anyone else recieved one of these?

Dear Hyundai Customer,

Hyundai Moter Company is condecting an emissions study of certain customer owned Hyundai vehicles. There is no charge or obligation to you of any kind. Employees of Hyundai and its subsidiaries are not eligible to participate. if you do agree to participate, and you vehicle meets certain Hyundai criteria; Hyundai will:

Upon the return of your vehicle, you will receive a gift card for $50.00.
Provide a comparably sized rental with a full tank of gas and up to 1,400 miles at no cost to you.
Return your vehicle washed & cleaned with a full tank of gasoline.
Your vehicle will be needed for approximatly one-two weeks. The test will be conducted at Hyundai America Technical Center in Superior Township, MI. In most cases, approximately 100 miles will be accumulated on your vehicle but this does not include the miles put on from the point of pick-up or return of your vehicle. All driving is done near the Hyundai America Technical Center test facilty and there will be no impact to your car's warranty.

If you have an interest in the project, and your cehicle has 50,000 miles or more, and has not been involved in an accident that would affect emission test, please complete and mail back the enclosed postage paid reply card. If you have any questions about the enclosed reply card or concerns about this program, please feel free to give us a call anytime between the hours of 8am -5pm mon-fri toll free 18884249166 or email at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hmmm......sounds very interesting. Are you going to do it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, I got 2 of those letters. I just didn't want to part with my car for the 1 to 2 weeks and have an "unknown" drive it around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
most certainly not going to hand over my vehicle for hyundai emission testing for 1 - 2 weeks for a 50 dollars and a tank of gas. Dependant on pick up / drop off location for loaner vehicle i'd most likely surmount the mileage limit on the loaner vehicle with in a 2 week period , and be forced to forfit the 50 dollars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts