Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when coming to a stop light I usually leave the car in gear till the rpms hit about 1000, then I press the clutch in. recently it just got cold here, and when I do this, the rpms dip down to about 500-600, then rise back up to 750. once I am at idle it stays there perfectly. also, when i do not engine brake, and just press the clutch down while i am going 40mph, the rpm decrease to idle perfectly without that initial "bobbing". i have an SRI and am throwing no CEL's. wondering if this is just normal.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
AnthonyNTC3 said:
when coming to a stop light I usually leave the car in gear till the rpms hit about 1000, then I press the clutch in. recently it just got cold here, and when I do this, the rpms dip down to about 500-600, then rise back up to 750. once I am at idle it stays there perfectly. also, when i do not engine brake, and just press the clutch down while i am going 40mph, the rpm decrease to idle perfectly without that initial "bobbing". i have an SRI and am throwing no CEL's. wondering if this is just normal.
When you're engne braking there's little to no fuel delivery. When you depress the clutch, the dip you notice is that moment it takes the ECU to respond to the fact that it need to add fuel, so the revs fall, then injector pulse width is increased, and thne you idle is stable again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have that same problem, but when my car's stopped, it'll just go to 3000 rpms, then go down to 300, yesterday it turn off on me, i have a cai intake, give me sum info cause is gettin me mad, i want my tibby 2 be runnin nice,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts