Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon community.
I would like to ask everyone here for their feedback on this clicking sound I am getting on my car.
Year:2007
Model:SE
Transmission:Automatic
Engine: V6 2.7L
I've been seeing allot of post stating that it is the oil level and oil filter so I checked my oil levels and they were just fine ...... I currently use Mobile One Synthetic with a K & N Oil Filter and started to get this clicking noise. Never heard it with the previous oil changes made but its almost time for the oil change and I called Hyundai dealership and they carry the OEM Oil Filter for $7.18 and gonna buy it as soon as i get out of work. and change my oil to see if that does the job. I tried putting an audio file but it just wouldn't let me =( anyways ill try to see if the oil filter and oil change help.......

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
How many miles on the car and when was last timing belt change? Also only use OEM oil filters as others have the wrong style of bypass valve which lets too much pressure bleed off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many miles on the car and when was last timing belt change? Also only use OEM oil filters as others have the wrong style of bypass valve which lets too much pressure bleed off.
Actually found out where this ticking noise is coming from..... it’s the lower pulley I’m guessing it’s the idle pulley that is worn out already please see attached picture

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
That
Actually found out where this ticking noise is coming from..... it’s the lower pulley I’m guessing it’s the idle pulley that is worn out already please see attached picture
This is not idler pulley, this is your crank pulley, also called damper pulley, which absorb vibrations (rubbing compound between the belt pattern and the center of the pulley).

Seems toast, you need to change it ASAP, beware if the accessory belt snaps, it will destroy your timing belt !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the harmonic balance..... got it switched and also changed the serpentine belt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts