Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i found this in a odd spot here on NT, and i dont think alot of people know were this is but hey ill post it here because i can Originaly posted by RAVENCROW

Original thread here.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123286

a Complete list of Hyundias motors

info on the Sigma motor

Ok, I thought I would list some engine compatibility info. You can use this to find donor cars for blown engines and such.

The Asian/European market Tiburon 1.6 i4 Alpha engine can be found in the following vehicles:

Hyundai Lantra 1996-2000
Hyundai Accent 2001-present

The Tiburon 2.0 i4 Beta II engine can be found in the following vehicles:

Hyundai Elantra 2001-present
Hyundai Tucson 2005-present
Kia Spectra 2005-present

The Tiburon 2.7 Delta engine can be found in the following vehicles:

Hyundai Sonata 2002-2005
Hyundai Santa Fe 2001-present
Kia Optima- 2001-present, although the engine included in the 2006.5 and above is a variant
called the 2.7 Mu, which puts out an extra 15 horsepower for the same displacement
Kia Sportage 2005-present

The Hyundai 3.3L v6 Lambda engine can be found in the following vehicles:
(suitable swap for the Tiburon, although not a drop-in mod to my knowledge like the 3.5)

Hyundai Sonata 2006-present
Hyundai Santa Fe 2007-present
Kia Sorento 2007-present
Hyundai Azera 2006-present

The Hyundai 3.5L v6 Sigma engine can be found in the following vehicles:
(mostly drop-in for Tiburon, common practice in Korea. See Kspec for more details)

Hyundai Santa Fe 2003-2006
Hyundai XG350 2002-2005
Kia Amanti 2004-present
Kia Sedona 1999-2005
Kia Sorento 2003-2006

On a side note, as far as engines that fit into the Tiburon:

The 1.6L i4 Alpha engine used in Non-USA markets, should be a factory drop-in
The 2.0L i4 Beta II eninge Factory drop-in
The 2.7L v6 Delta engine Factory drop-in
The 3.3L v6 Lambda engine (can be made to fit with modification)
The 3.5L v6 Sigma engine (can be made to fit with modification)

Engine Specs:

1.6L i4 Alpha:
104 hp (78 kW) @ 5800 rpm and 144 N·m (106 ft·lbf) torque @ 3000 rpm

2.0L i4 Beta II:
141 hp (105 kW) @ 6000 rpm and 184 N·m (136 ft·lbf) torque @ 4500 rpm

2.7L v6 Delta:
172 hp (128 kW) @ 6000 rpm and 245 N·m (181 ft·lbf) torque @ 3800 rpm

3.3L v6 Lambda:
244 hp (181 kW) @ 6000 rpm and 304 N·m (224 ft·lbf) torque @ 3500 rpm

3.5L v6 Sigma:
194 hp (145 kW) @ 5500 rpm and 297 N·m (219 ft·lbf) torque @ 3500 rpm
(US Spec, elsewhere is more powerful by 10-20 hp)

it would be great if it was stickeid here too and in the i4 sections!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wait wait wait, so Tiburons can undergo a suitable engine swap? I thought we were either limited to N/A or F/I.. Any idea how much a 3.3L V6 swap would cost?

Good post Gary, thanks.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea im wondering the same thing... but it may be just as expensive to throw a turbo on the 6

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
LOL i found this in the V6 N/A section as for the 3.3 im pretty sure it can be found anywere, belive it comes out of most junkyards from stupid people driving LOL so hopefuly it gets sticky'd here as for new bc ownser can see the limitless power out of are sexy Tiburon's :p

DropZero

if u guys have any new infomation towards this and any new motors that can be put in please let me know and ill add it to the list

G.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Think there's a small mistake on there, the Sigma 3.5L V6 is in 2003-2006 Santa Fe's not 2001-2006

According to Wiki:

"In 2003, Hyundai introduced the 3.5 liter V6 in addition to the other two gas engines in North America. "

And also shows 2003-2006 here:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Great post Gary

I constantly use this list for finding parts. Found my 290cc injectors on ebay listed from a 2004 Kia Sorento for $80, my new alternator is from a 2.7 Santa Fe, and I have a starter sitting here out of the Sonata lmao. Very helpful when looking for used and some new replacement parts to get the best price. +1

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet thanks guys, making the new adjustments now :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
dont have a tib but im workin on it..... havent found the motor i want just yet but after that ill be getting the 6 speed manual transmissin.

*ORS*

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all,

I'm new here to NT and I just purchased a 08 Tib GS edition and it's an auto/shiftronic. I'm a bit curious about engine swaps and it's something I'm really considering. I want to swap out the 2.0L for the 2.7L v6 Delta. I asked a mechanic about it and he said I would also need the harness and computer swapped and possibly even the transmission. I figured I come here and get a second opinion. What do you all think?

Also, i'm considering adding a turbo kit to the 2.7L v6.....GS Tib really need more hp!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello to all,

I'm new here to NT and I just purchased a 08 Tib GS edition and it's an auto/shiftronic. I'm a bit curious about engine swaps and it's something I'm really considering. I want to swap out the 2.0L for the 2.7L v6 Delta. I asked a mechanic about it and he said I would also need the harness and computer swapped and possibly even the transmission. I figured I come here and get a second opinion. What do you all think?

Also, i'm considering adding a turbo kit to the 2.7L v6.....GS Tib really need more hp!
I'm also considering the engine swap with my '03. I was unfortunate enough and got a I4 instead of the v6 for my first car :3_sadley:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
You fellas have been quite mislead.

The cost & headache of swapping to a v6 and adding a bunk 50hp will cost far more than a Tuned Turbo kit for the i4; that will make 95% of V6's, boosted or not look plain silly. I just recently took the stage 2 sniper off of my V6 & with the money i spent to run modest 13's, I could have made nearly 100 WHP more & been in the low 12's / high 11's.

Do some more research guys, the i4 is the ideal platform for making power when it comes to the Tib. The delta was a fun engine for me & for many S/C guys alike, but when it comes down to it, it cannot hold half the amount of boost the iron block of the Beta II can. The i4 is simply the superior engine to build up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the 3.3 wont cost much to buy or to get in just get the motor mount and the engine off ebay and it'll bolt right in and same goes for the 3.5....im in the process of buyin a 3.3 right now. just waitin til i get home to make the final payments for it. also junk yards might have the engines and most will only charge you maybe $300 for it depending on where you're located

·
Registered
257 Posts
nice write up. I suggest that this thread does not get closed for the bump

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hello, I was trying to figure out if a 2.0L engine from a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon would possibly fit into a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe. Both were I4 engines, just the one in the Santa Fe decided to seize up, and a buddy of mine is selling his engine from his 2001 Tiburon. Anyone know if this engine swap is possible....? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
The 01 Santa fe came with a 2.4L I4. Outside of north america it came with a 2.0L but it was diesel.

So no.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The 01 Santa fe came with a 2.4L I4. Outside of north america it came with a 2.0L but it was diesel.

So no.
The engine from the Santa Fe is a 2.4L I4, but if there is no way to swap it out with the Tiburon engine.....any tips on un-seizing the engine? I've heard just about everything to try but i'm still open to suggestions, haven't tried anything yet. I believe its just a piston thats stuck, no rods were thrown or anything just won't crank over at all.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
What caused it to seize? It doesn't just seize for no reason.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Tiburon 2.0 i4 Beta II engine can be found in the following vehicles:

Hyundai Elantra 2001-present
Kia Spectra 2005-present
The other day I blew my engine and need to replace it. I have a 2006 KIA Spectra5 Automatic. I found a 2009 engine in a Spectra at the junkyard, and according to the junkyard the engine will work in my car. The dealership is telling me that the valve gears are different, and that the 2009 Spectra was built with continuously variable timing but the 2006 wasn't, so it won't work. For some reason my gut is telling me the dealership isn't being completely forthcoming, but I am not much of a car guy, so there's no real basis for it. But reading this, it would seem both cars have the same engine. Are there differences in the Tiburon 2.0 i4 Beta II from year to year? Or am I getting jerked around? Or neither? Please help!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts