Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, Ive got an intake, and my headers & exhaust are en route. Somewhere in the near future, ill likely get a BBTB, upper & lower IM and some of those nice lil Mega Force pulleys from ARK, and Im definately going to want to upgrade the front & rear mounts.

Heres the question: Should I get Bushing Inserts, or replacement mounts altogether? Also, should I just do front/back instead of both since Im going NA?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought the full mounts from everybodys favorite, Shark Racing, and they're the only way to go. No hassle no fuss just bolt 'em in and go. Price was $200 but worht it imo. I'm going front and rear, have got Nxtgen stage 1 S/C at the moment, so we'll see how they act. Still in the s/c install stage.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i also say go for the full mounts. I had a full NGM at one time, they were pretty nice.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
^why didnt you sell them to me?

Know anyone who wants an NGM intake manifold? hahaha im gettin rid of it... i NEED f/I....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
myslow1 said:
^why didnt you sell them to me?

Know anyone who wants an NGM intake manifold? hahaha im gettin rid of it... i NEED f/I....
haha sorry man, i got rid of them a while ago, i think i sold them last summer.

ditching the manifold already??

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
^^ lol ya, im gonna put some new plugs and wires on so i figure while its off i'll throw the stocker back on... Im gonna be orderin an sniper some time soon. I just have a few bugs i wanna work out first...

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Get the full mounts and do both of them. When I had just I/H/E I broke a poly rear mount at the track from bad wheel hop and I had both the front and rear mounts in. I replaced it and it hasn't happened again. You need both mounts even if you're N/A.

·
Registered
735 Posts
When you install the front and rear engine mount do you notice any difference in handling characteristics of the Tib? Is it very noticable?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When you install the front and rear engine mount do you notice any difference in handling characteristics of the Tib? Is it very noticable?
I second that. From what ive heard, it reduces wheel hop, and gets better TQ to the wheels...

OH! And Ive got another question: How d'ya install 'em? Do you need to take out the engine, or can you just unbolt & replace 'em one at a time (Theres 4 mounts from what i can see...)?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Cutthroat1117 said:
I second that. From what ive heard, it reduces wheel hop, and gets better TQ to the wheels...

OH! And Ive got another question: How d'ya install 'em? Do you need to take out the engine, or can you just unbolt & replace 'em one at a time (Theres 4 mounts from what i can see...)?
You're only replacing the front and rear so you can do them one at a time. The engine won't move since there are 3 other mounts holding it in place.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet. Now that we got people lookin in here, Anyone have the Kspec mounts? Theyre pretty... uhm... concise on their description

1 - 14 of 14 Posts