Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I installed am Amsoil dual remote filter set up which allows the use of a bigger full-flow filter, also a by-pass filter which filters down to less than 2 microns @ 98% efficiency! Most good full flow filters are good to about 15 microns, much better than that and there is not enough flow of oil or it will just open the bypass valve in the filter and allow dirty oil to travel around your engine. Not only did I pick up about a quart and a half of extra capacity I have more cooling because of the double filters and the aluminum filter mount, oh yeah the synthetic oil helps too!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Awesome! how did it work out for you?
good.... no problems yet. This oil cooler also allows for a bigger filter up to PH8 (I believe, a very common, huge *** truck filter).

my oil cooler does not have a bypass or a bypass filter.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I installed am Amsoil dual remote filter set up which allows the use of a bigger full-flow filter, also a by-pass filter which filters down to less than 2 microns @ 98% efficiency! Most good full flow filters are good to about 15 microns, much better than that and there is not enough flow of oil or it will just open the bypass valve in the filter and allow dirty oil to travel around your engine. Not only did I pick up about a quart and a half of extra capacity I have more cooling because of the double filters and the aluminum filter mount, oh yeah the synthetic oil helps too!
Just wondering where you located your dual remote filter setup? I'am a AMSOIL user also.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Just wondering where you located your dual remote filter setup? I'am a AMSOIL user also.
I mounted it up under the battery box. I drilled 3/8" holes and installed 1/4-20 rivet nuts in the metal and bolted the mount to them and ran the hoses to the existing oil filter mount.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I mounted it up under the battery box. I drilled 3/8" holes and installed 1/4-20 rivet nuts in the metal and bolted the mount to them and ran the hoses to the existing oil filter mount.
Thanks for the info. I like the idea of being able to run the extra pertection and oil capacity. What was the part #'s for the unit and filters.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The dual remote kit is BMK-13, the full flow filter is EaO15, the by-pass is EaBP90. The rivet nuts are available through Grainger and I'm sure many other hardware suppliers. Yeah I'm a dealer, any questions you have I can probably answer, I have installed a few of these.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anyone know on average what temp the v6 oil is? and how much of a difference in temp there is after the cooler? it seems pretty cheap and easy to install, almost like a must have for anyone with F/I...

·
Registered
837 Posts
You'd be better off spending the money for a transmission oil cooler, in my opinion - but the B&Mshit is the BEST, either way...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Without knowing exactly the average oil temps, IMO an oil cooler without a thermostat could cause the oil to be TOO cool, especially in colder climates, I found this out years ago on small and big block Chevys and also motorcycles. On a road-race course an oil cooler is needed, but probably not on the street even with F/I unless its REAL hot and your on the pedal all the time!

·
Registered
847 Posts
The dual remote kit is BMK-13, the full flow filter is EaO15, the by-pass is EaBP90. The rivet nuts are available through Grainger and I'm sure many other hardware suppliers. Yeah I'm a dealer, any questions you have I can probably answer, I have installed a few of these.
Thanks again for the info. I'll probably go that route when i get my Tib back.

·
Registered
888 Posts
hmm..i'm just trying to find a way to prolong my engine life (without getting rid of the SDS (haha very funny)
It's just a matter of fast changes in oil temp causing the oil to be of inconsistent viscosity and also it causes it to break down faster... A little cooling is ok (but not really necessary)... but like MisterTib said you dont want to over do it.

Using a good oil goes a long way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts