Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have come to the conclusion that i am lowering my car, and i have been doing some research. i want to use the stock struts, so according to what i have found the espelir are good. i was just wondering what the official settled drop is. i have heard anywhere from 1.3/1.1 to 1.4/1.2 to 1.5 all around. also, i would like to know the mileage on the stock struts people have put on. pictures would be nice too. i dont want the ride to be harsh either (dont want my gf complaining) so are these good?

·
Registered
486 Posts
back doesn't lower much... the front lowers around 1.5, and the back lowers a little, maybe 1.0-1.1, but there's a gap. EXCELLENT ride, not harsh at all, feels better than stock- car feels more stable, still absorbs all the bumps, and stays much flatter, but still rolls if you push it.

I have stock struts, I've put about 2-3k miles on them with the Espelirs, had them for about 4 months now, and they feel excellent.

here are some pics.:

(here they are 100% settled)

(also 100% settled)

(settled, u can see how there's still a little gap in the back)

right after install- not settled

right after install- not settled

the springs give it a nice look, with the back end a little higher up- looks aggressive.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man! i guess im going with these

·
Registered
939 Posts
I might get some of those too, and toss them on the stock struts.

IF they do blow out the stockers, can I still use the springs on whatever aftermarket strut I go with at that point?

Any pics of the Espelir springs on stock 16s?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I might get some of those too, and toss them on the stock struts.

IF they do blow out the stockers, can I still use the springs on whatever aftermarket strut I go with at that point?

Any pics of the Espelir springs on stock 16s?
I'll post 'em on stock 17s with eibach struts later in case you'ld like to see that nonsense too.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Here's a picture of my Espelirs with 17" rims

They've been on my stock struts for 2 years now with no problems.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks good man. gonna order the second i find out where to get them on!

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
looks good man. gonna order the second i find out where to get them on!
If you are looking for installation, you can do it yourself. Check the DIY section, because it's not hard at all. Just rent a spring compressor from Autozone and go at it. It looks like, from your sig, you've already done quite a few mods, so you should have no problems doing the springs. It's not hard. On a scale of 1-10, it's a 3, tops.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
really? that doesnt sound too bad i guess...r100's rocks btw. i have ordered my intake and antenna from him.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I tried the spring install yesterday and I was so pissed off cuz I couldn't get any of the bolts holding the whole strut assembly off. It is such a simple install but they just weren't comming off. WD-40 bath, huge as bar put on for leverage, and all the might I gould muster up and nothing. Sucked to get to that point and fail miserably.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts