Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
I saw a post in the Newb section I think that said an EVO 8 bar will work but never got confirmation. Take a look at a Tib bar and compare it to an EVO one and they look completely different which makes sense since the EVO has a rear differential and axles to deal with. The Tib only has an exhaust pipe it has to clear. I don't see how it would work.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I saw a post in the Newb section I think that said an EVO 8 bar will work but never got confirmation. Take a look at a Tib bar and compare it to an EVO one and they look completely different which makes sense since the EVO has a rear differential and axles to deal with. The Tib only has an exhaust pipe it has to clear. I don't see how it would work.
Did this work? And if so what evo 8 sway bar did you use?
I'd say no. Words like "completely different" "never got confirmation" "newb section" are not encouraging.

There are rear sway bars designed specifically for our cars (not sure how many are still around or how hard they are to find) so why try to make something work that by definition shouldn't work?

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,165 Posts
I've heard this rumor regurgitated over the years. I lean more on the no side.

This is what our sway bars look like:

Wood Grey Twig Rectangle Font

And this is what the Evo sway bars look like:

Bicycle part Tool Font Cable Wire

Too different to fit IMO. But if you do want to try it out, report back with your results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts