Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an Injen SRI on my 05 GT. Is it normal to experience a louder exhaust as a result? The engine definitely roars a lot more but I'm also getting a much deeper, louder sound out of the stock exhaust. Just want to make sure this is normal. Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yes it is definately normal, it is saying to you that it is working. if there was NO change on the sound, then there is something wrong~
BTW... why didnt u get a CAI :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It DOES sound amazing! I can't believe that's my little Tib making all that deep, rumbling noise when I get on it! Very nice.

I went the safe route with an Injen SRI for several reasons. It was the only one they made especially for my vehicle (05 GT) and they said there's only a 1-2 HP difference between it and a CAI. Also, the install was easier and I don't have to worry about water.

·
Registered
607 Posts
very true.. i have a CAI now but i think i may change it for a SRI pretty near in the future cause it's always wet in nebraska so just to be on the safe side... but yeah it sounds amazing... my buddy with a smallblock 350 as like "holy sh*t!!!!!"

·
Registered
530 Posts
yes it is definately normal, it is saying to you that it is working. if there was NO change on the sound, then there is something wrong~
BTW... why didnt u get a CAI :(
As the performance is much better out of a CAI, the SRI's sound so much better. In addition to the fact that there would be no possibility of water being sucked up into the engine if ya go through a swimming pool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts