Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best exhaust to get that wont sound to loud inside the car? that was my main issue when i had exhaust on my other cars.. i cruise alot of the HWY and i cant stand how loud it sounds inside the car somtimes.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I like my exhaust to be audible, but not so loud that it bugs me. I usually don't mind except for on my way to school in the morning. I like peace and quiet in the AM.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Borla should be the quietest. Also my ARK with the silencers is very quiet, sounds just like stock. I never use the silencers anymore though.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
definitly not my set up. although new cats and silencers can go a long way

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Borla's about the quietest I've heard. If you go aftermarket, it's going to be louder than stock. But unless your going fo looks, that's the idea of aftermarket is better performance. You could install quieter mufflers on a catback, or build a custom exhaust.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i got the ssa exhaust for my g.fs tib. its not loud inside but its DEEP , but on the highway its not to bad at all, i thought the drone would kill us but its pretty decent. you can actually hear the intake at 3k rpm or more, more than you can hear the exhaust. from the outside it sounds pretty awesome. like a 350z . i think ssa must have used quieter mufflers now. if you got headers and no cat, then its definately gonna be redicolously louder

·
Registered
867 Posts
05gtautoshark said:
i got the ssa exhaust for my g.fs tib. its not loud inside but its DEEP , but on the highway its not to bad at all, i thought the drone would kill us but its pretty decent. you can actually hear the intake at 3k rpm or more, more than you can hear the exhaust. from the outside it sounds pretty awesome. like a 350z . i think ssa must have used quieter mufflers now. if you got headers and no cat, then its definately gonna be redicolously louder
wtfvck? SSA not loud? What do you consider loud lol. You must be using silencers.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
05gtautoshark said:
im with this guy. i have the ssa too and its barely noticeabe at HWY speeds and theirs not a huge drone. I got the underaxle one and its not as loud as i thought it would be so i think they changed something too.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i cant hear my injen exhaust on the highway at 70 mph, or when cruisin at 40. it is very deep and resonates under acceleration too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts