Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Like three people have told you "yes" or "probably". What are you still confused about? Everyone has given you good advice except the second or so reply that said to take your engine apart some to look for six runners. It is easy to tell if it is 4 or 6 cyl with NO touching. Why do you care so much if it is an SE or not? It is a 4 cyl automatic. That sucks. Doesn't matter if it is SE or not.
Not cool dude.

Not everybody knows everything about cars like you do.

As a car enthusiast, I dont care if it has 3 wheels and a charcoal grill under the hood. As long as its somebody's passion, then I'm all for it.

Bottom line, its their passion, not yours. If you can't support their passion, then keep your mouth shut.

·
Super Moderator
4,610 Posts
Yeah there's a huge difference between US & Canadian Tiburon trim levels, and even then they changed over the years to make matters more confusing lol. So SE in US = V6, basically top of the line model. But SE in Canada was the loaded I4 model, then there was GT with the V6 above that. In 2003 we had a GS-R which was V6 but with 6-speed, loaded with all features. At the same time in Canada we had a "Tuscani" trim despite that being the Tiburon's name in Korea (more confusion still) and was a bare V6 model until 2004 when it had started to become the top of the line instead, replacing the GS-R trim. So: trims are confusing between markets, and some trims even changed what they were over time.

So yes, you have the Canadian SE. Which would often be I think the same as a GS in USA for your reference.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts